What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'13 CA SF Dakarai Allen (Verbal to SDSU)

@JoshGershon, 2013 SF Dakarai Allen was offered by #UCLA. I'd imagine the BruinReportOnline message board is going CRAZY, Bro.

The UCLA offer had been reported, but he didn't have one until now. I wonder if this changes things. Before that, it was looking like Allen was making 2 OVs (CU and SDSU) with the Aztecs the clear leader.

then why didnt he commit on his visit... im saying he wont end up at SDSU... but he left without committing

I'm really confused by this recruitment. I thought he was an SDSU lock, so it shocks me we're getting a visit. Would love to add him (Lock. Down. Defense.), but not getting my hopes up.

I'm really confused by this recruitment. I thought he was an SDSU lock, so it shocks me we're getting a visit. Would love to add him (Lock. Down. Defense.), but not getting my hopes up.
Ya. Would be great to get him... but at some point, I do hope Tad realizes we need a big or 2 more.

Ya. Would be great to get him... but at some point, I do hope Tad realizes we need a big or 2 more.

Not saying I agree with it, but I think Dustin Thomas is as close as we'll get to a big this year.

beside Hopkins I really like Allen. A player with really long arms can really reek havok on the opposing teams shooters and are great for grabbing rebounds. I am hoping we can get him to commit during his visit here and I will already be happy with our class.

Now a 4* on Rivals and 105 in top 150....

Hoping he commits on his visit 9/28!!! Lets go Buffsssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wow:

'13 CA SF Dakarai Allen

In home cancelled. We're moving in different directions.

He was likely headed to SDSU anyway. Sounds like we're pretty high on Thomas.

Aren´t we out of scholarships also with Thomas?

- Mills may transfer
- Tunks may graduate
- Adams may be a medical hardship
- One of the frosh may get homesick

None of those things may happen, Dre may not go to the NBA, and Tad would be in a difficult spot to honor 2 new scholarships -- let alone three. But if I was a gambling man, I'd put my money on having 3 spots.

Are we out with Dakarai on our end or did he commit to sdsu?

My guess is it's mutual. We wanted Allen, he had interest in us, but not enough to overcome SDSU. We saw the writing on the wall and decided to go harder after Dustin Thomas and Tre'Shaun Lexing.

My guess is it's mutual. We wanted Allen, he had interest in us, but not enough to overcome SDSU. We saw the writing on the wall and decided to go harder after Dustin Thomas and Tre'Shaun Lexing.
going to be interesting to see if Lexing makes his visit here. Can Tad reasonably sign 3 guys to LOI's?

- Mills may transfer
- Tunks may graduate
- Adams may be a medical hardship
- One of the frosh may get homesick

None of those things may happen, Dre may not go to the NBA, and Tad would be in a difficult spot to honor 2 new scholarships -- let alone three. But if I was a gambling man, I'd put my money on having 3 spots.

Other then a freshman getting homesick, the first three things would lower our 2014 scholarships available. We could offer three in 2013, but that likely means we only have two to offer in 2014 then. Course a freshman could transfer if they weren't happy with the situation

Other then a freshman getting homesick, the first three things would lower our 2014 scholarships available. We could offer three in 2013, but that likely means we only have two to offer in 2014 then. Course a freshman could transfer if they weren't happy with the situation

They would open up 2013 scholarships. All of those guys are on pace to graduate after next season, so losing any early and signing an addition freshman would definitely subtract a scholarship from the 2014 class. I'd be fine with that. I hate banking scholarships. Get as much talent and competition into the program as soon as you can. The future will work itself out.

They would open up 2013 scholarships. All of those guys are on pace to graduate after next season, so losing any early and signing an addition freshman would definitely subtract a scholarship from the 2014 class. I'd be fine with that. I hate banking scholarships. Get as much talent and competition into the program as soon as you can. The future will work itself out.

Agree, especially given the current support and energy around the program. Get the talent in and give it more time to learn and grow in the system.

Back