What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'13 CA SG Jabari Bird (Verbal to Cal)

Can we organize some Jabari Bird banners being held over bridges in Boulder that weekend similar to what they did in Mizzou for DGB?

Couldn't find any pictures, but this would help too maybe!

images

Honestly, I think it would be bigger. Chauncey was the hometown kid, so we always had a decent chance there. Bird? That's going in to the Cal area, and taking a kid who grew up as a Cal fan and making him a Buff. Huge. HUGE.

How+About+No.jpg

Not committing until the spring. I wonder how Bird will respond to Montgomery's pending retirement and a new staff at Cal being at least a month away for the April signing period. If things in Berkeley weren't in flux, I think he would have already given a verbal instead of deciding to wait and see what happened this season.

Not committing until the spring. I wonder how Bird will respond to Montgomery's pending retirement and a new staff at Cal being at least a month away for the April signing period. If things in Berkeley weren't in flux, I think he would have already given a verbal instead of deciding to wait and see what happened this season.

Are you referring to the contract extension Monty signed until 2016?

Espn:

according to the zagsblog.com, bird will visit cal the weekend of sept. 1, colorado the weekend of sept. 8, oregon the weekend of sept. 22 and washington the weekend of sept. 29.

Good news is that's the weekend the football team plays Sacramento State so it should be an easy win right? hopefully. I'd assume he's going to it.

Good news.

And you better pray you don't have a bad season. It's the only reason he's waiting until the spring.

I think it has more to do with the kind of recruits Cal is able to bring in for 2013. Some of that is of course, related to how they do this season. If Cal can get a couple other real good recruits to come to Cal, it's hard to see Bird going elsewhere. If Bird can't convince other top recruits to join him at Cal, wouldn't be surprised to see him go out of the state.

Cal's clearly his #1, but if he deems Colorado has more around him to put him in a better position to be successful and to boost his draft stock... won't be as clear of a choice.

Really think Cal and CU are the best places for him to be

One of Washington's assistants who I believe was active in their recruiting of players might be leaving soon:

https://twitter.com/GoodmanCBS/status/235719013852917760.

Still, no Bird for you...

Washington just hired Brad Jackson. He's coming off a national championship (Div.II) in 2012 with Western Washington Univ (Go Vikings! - my other alma matter). High quality coach that is a master of X's and O's...

I would say there is a less than 50% chance UW lands Bird. As with a lot of teams, much may depend on how the year goes. UW's #1 target is still Gordon with Bird as a close second. UW not landing either would be a massive blow I think.

That said, with the departure of Suggs and possibly Wilcox after this year (along with Aziz), UW could be a prime place for those two to come in and get extensive early playing time...

Don't count out Romar and Co. just yet:thumbsup:

Back