What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'13 CO OT Blake Nowland (Verbal to CSU)

He posted it on his facebook a few hours ago

Thanks. I'll change the thread title and Index.

Edit: And what the hell is going on? When I take a break from being connected to go to a movie, CU is supposed to get a commitment and tonight the Rams get one? The universe has been turned on its head. :lol:

Thanks. I'll change the thread title and Index.

Edit: And what the hell is going on? When I take a break from being connected to go to a movie, CU is supposed to get a commitment and tonight the Rams get one? The universe has been turned on its head. :lol:
McElwain and new stadium seems to be working...we didn't have a single commitment until December last year

Good pickup for CSU. This is definitely a loss. If we were hitting on the other OL commits then great, but we aren't, and Blake would have been a good pickup for us in light of those failures.

McElwain and new stadium seems to be working...we didn't have a single commitment until December last year

New coach always helps. And McElwain has definitely re-focused your in-state efforts after Fairchild gave it up to let Wyoming take your place so he could chase problem-child recruits in Florida.

I don't think the facilities are likely helping too much at this point since a 2013 recruit probably doesn't think he'll still be there when it's built (and even a 2-year project is an eternity to a 17 year old). There's probably a pitch from this about administrative commitment to winning that's helping quite a bit, though.

Very surprised that this one didn't go Colorado's way. With the schools you were up against, and this being a Colorado kid, I would not have expected you guys to get beaten out here. I could have MAYBE seen Air Force beating you out if this young man comes from a military background, but CSU really surprises me.

My condolences and best of luck with your next OT target. (So long as it isn't Hunt or Harlow!)

Is there a "shakes head in utter disgust" smiley somewhere? This is freaking ridiculous.

Good pickup for the Rams, disconcerting trend for the offensive line recruiting, but hopefully we get it turned around moving forward.

Good pickup for the Rams, disconcerting trend for the offensive line recruiting, but hopefully we get it turned around moving forward.

Still a lot of good prospects undecided. I don't see the trend you are talking about.

Still a lot of good prospects undecided. I don't see the trend you are talking about.

Seriously? Do we need to go over the list of guys we've whiffed on again?

It's a trend. It's an obvious trend. And anybody with two eyes and half a brain can see it.

As far as whiffing on in state OL this is the first we've missed on where we were clearly his best option.

Callahan- AU, Michigan
Thurston- Neb, Oregon, ND, Mich
Kozan- AU, OSU, Mich, LSU, OK
O'Connor- OSU, ND, PSU, Tenn
Fox- Mich, FSU, OSU, Tenn

I wanted all of those kids but I honestly can't blame them for going elsewhere.

Flores- dont know if he really had an offer.

Nowland had offers from CSU, AF, WSU. CU was clearly his best option if he can't realize that there is nothing we could've done anyway.

My guess is we don't get skipper either and then we'll be 0 for 8 on instate OL the last 2 years. Our OL is already thin and not one of our strong units. On the flip side if we had landed all 8 our OL in 2 years we would have the 2nd best in the PAC behind USC for 3 to 4 years and probably one of the best OLs in the country.

As far as whiffing on in state OL this is the first we've missed on where we were clearly his best option.

Callahan- AU, Michigan
Thurston- Neb, Oregon, ND, Mich
Kozan- AU, OSU, Mich, LSU, OK
O'Connor- OSU, ND, PSU, Tenn
Fox- Mich, FSU, OSU, Tenn

I wanted all of those kids but I honestly can't blame them for going elsewhere.

Flores- dont know if he really had an offer.

Nowland had offers from CSU, AF, WSU. CU was clearly his best option if he can't realize that there is nothing we could've done anyway.

My guess is we don't get skipper either and then we'll be 0 for 8 on instate OL the last 2 years. Our OL is already thin and not one of our strong units. On the flip side if we had landed all 8 our OL in 2 years we would have the 2nd best in the PAC behind USC for 3 to 4 years and probably one of the best OLs in the country.

OK, this is where I think people are way too easy on the staff. Sure, individually, we can look at every OL that's gone elsewhere over the past two years and make an excuse; he had a better offer from a big-time school, he connected with the OL coach, he has connections out of state, he liked the weather, we didn't recruit him hard enough, etc., etc. BUT, when you look at it collectively, there's absolutely NO reason to strike out on virtually every priority target along the OL the last two years, with Irwin and Sutton the only exceptions as of now. And I've also heard the argument that Marshall's a good coach and just needs a little help recruiting, but he's getting help. The rest of the staff is doing a pretty good job of getting guys on campus, either on officials or unofficials, but there's been an absolute failure to close.

Seriously? Do we need to go over the list of guys we've whiffed on again?

It's a trend. It's an obvious trend. And anybody with two eyes and half a brain can see it.

Come on sacky, there's a TON of uncommitted talent out there, just lining up to come play for Marshall. They just don't know it yet....

With some of these kids you just aren't getting them I don't think we ever had a chance with O'Connor, Kozan, or Skipper they all wanted to go out of state already having ties to other schools. We should've landed Thurston or Callahan as they both grew up Buff fans but we had a coaching change.

Your right we should've landed at least one of the big 4 last year and 2 of the 3 this year but we didn't and we can't change that. But we can change our approach moving forward. We need to get on these guys early. We got on Callahan and thurston early but we had a coaching change. We were late on O'Connor and Kozan offering after other BCS schools did. We made Fox go to camp when it was clear he was BCS caliber during his sophomore season. Skipper we got on early and Nowland we got on a month later than CSU.

So in the future we need to offer earlier as soon as they show they are BCS caliber. For instance I personally think we should offer Noller from Windsor right now. He already has the size and his skill isn't too far off. Get on them really early and make them get to campus at least 4-5 times a year.

I would not be surprised if Embree flips him before signing day. I would be sweating this one big time if I am the lambs.

More here:
In addition to Coleman and Bennett, CSU has commitments from Grand Junction defensive end Austin Berk, Douglas County offensive lineman Blake Nowland, Roaring Fork tight end Trae Moxley and Gateway offensive lineman Zack Golditch."They went out of their way to try to get me, and other colleges, like CU, wanted me to come down there and see them," Moxley said. "CU wanted me to recruit myself, basically. ... CSU went out of their way. It was like they really needed me."
Said Nowland: "I wanted to go where I felt wanted. CSU was my first offer. They talked to me the most. They visited with me the most. I enjoyed their company the most. I felt wanted by CSU."

Read more:CSU Rams, CU Buffs gear up in-state football recruiting more than in the past - The Denver Posthttp://www.denverpost.com/preps/ci_...-state-football-recruiting-more#ixzz2FQ6WysZD
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

really have no idea what embree and his staff were good at? I am still looking,reading and watching for the one thing they did well

Back