What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'13 JC QB Jordan Gehrke (Signed to Colorado)

Well he beat out Brock Berglund there I am told.

Found this. Why would Brock transfer to N. Texas St in Sept while having to pay his way rather than prove himself at JC and get a D1 ride? Weird. Unless he was buried at SCC.

He has more experience than Connor Wood at the College level in game situations. I will try and make it to all of the open practices in the fall, should be interesting.

More than anything, this probably makes the backup competition pretty heated.

Well he beat out Brock Berglund there I am told.

Found this. Why would Brock transfer to N. Texas St in Sept while having to pay his way rather than prove himself at JC and get a D1 ride? Weird. Unless he was buried at SCC.

dallasnews.com
Berglund visited several schools in addition to UNT. Those schools studied Berglund’s transcript and discovered that he does not have the credit hours necessary to transfer and play at another school at the Football Bowl Subdivision level or receive financial aid in 2012.

He decided this summer to enroll at Scottsdale, where he would have been eligible this fall.
Berglund competed for the starting job at Scottsdale throughout fall practice and participated in the school’s first preseason scrimmage.
“We have a lot of quarterbacks,” Scottsdale offensive coordinator Arna Bontempts said. “We told him he would have to come out here and earn the starting job. At the last minute it didn’t work out and North Texas called.”

Berglund will have to sit out this season as a transfer at UNT.

Welcome to Boulder young Man. You will love it here. Now help get this thing going in the right direction by showing up ready to compete. BTW - if you know any OL, Lb's, or S that come help, bring em with you.

Kind of surprised this thread hasn't blown up. We all seem to get pretty fired up about QB's (recruits, transfers in and out, competition in Spring, etc.)

Liked his mechanics more than Fishback's. Good pocket presence and quick release. Showed good touch on deep routes, might put too much air and not enough speed on some of the deep stuff but it got the job done from what I saw. Had some accurate, crisp mid range passes later in the highlight reel.

I don't see him replacing Wood, but he will give Dillon and Liufau extra competition and push them in practice this year.

We need immediate help there (broken record), but he has to be able to play a bit too. If this is another Brunette/Dorman situation, it does nothing to help us going forward.

I don't understand this statement at all. What does Brunette, who did come to CU via a rather circuitous route that included JC, have in common with Dorman, who enrolled right out of high school, other than position? Also, you don't know that Dorman will never contribute. While Brunette is no longer on the team (I'm guessing he graduated, but not sure), Dorman is only a sophomore. Guy has good size, had some pretty gaudy stats coming out of HS in Texas and he is a Buff legacy. We should be pulling for the guys on the team, not bashing them.

As for Brunette, at least he was recruited by Tennessee out of HS. I wish Mr. Gehrke the best at Colorado and hope he does well, but the fact we were his only D1 offer and the fact that he is a 50% passer in JC doesn't get me too excited. We'll see.

@89BuffsBest there is going to be a lot of surprises in the fall at QB. I am pulling for every one, may the best QB win.

Back