What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'13 TX DE Jimmie Gilbert (Signed to Colorado)

http://247sports.com/Article/Five-Texas-sleepers-for-the-2013-class-100905

Scouting report - Gilbert plays both outside linebacker and defensive end for Consol. He is a long and lean prospect at 6-foot-4, 215 pounds and has a nonstop motor. Right now he relies a lot on his pure athleticism to make plays but he has a lot of physical tools at his disposal once he gets coached up at the next level. Gilbert is somewhat similar to Texas A&M defensive end Damontre Moore as both were hyper-athletic basketball players trying to transition to the football field. His ceiling may not be as high as Moore’s but he does solid potential.

Eyeball test – Gilbert looks almost skinny at 6-foot-4, 215 pounds and should be able to play in college at 255 or so. His father, a former Texas A&M basketball player of the same name, stands 6-foot-9 so it is not out of the question that the younger Gilbert grows even more.

Solid prospect. Redshirting likely and hopefully living in the weight room for the next two years. Good get IMO.

I don't know about his growth, he probably ends up at d end I'm guessing. We have some nice talent on the dline, JG, Loud, and Kisima plus the guys playing now. We have no excuse to not have a nasty dline going forward.

I want him to redshirt, gain about 15-20 lbs of smooth muscle, retain his speed, and play OLB for us.

He is probably shorter than he is listed, so I hope he stays at OLB. Maybe a Brad Jones type of player?

He is probably shorter than he is listed, so I hope he stays at OLB. Maybe a Brad Jones type of player?

How do you figure. From what I understand, his pops is a former bball guy and checks in at 6'9", so I'd think he legitimately might have some height to him.

How do you figure. From what I understand, his pops is a former bball guy and checks in at 6'9", so I'd think he legitimately might have some height to him.

He may grow taller, I'm not saying that. But when was the last time you saw a recruit listed as shorter than they really are?

I would consider him gone

#CUBuffs OLB commit Jimmie Gilbert told #BuffStampede he is "most likely going to open up" his recruitment again: bit.ly/UjoIqN

Hopefully he stays committed. But it is expected that most of the commits will reconsider their commitment.

All of our commits probably should do this. Remain open minded and if the next coach offers them, go for it, but don't just hope it happens. Gotta make sure other options are available. I feel bad for commits in situations like this, but it's the nature of the beast.

Allsome ! welcome to the Colorado Buffalo's ! Being from Texas myself, you will Love Colorado. Thank You !

watching tape on this Buff, he looks bigger than 205. Love when kids PLAY bigger then they are. sleeper.

Back