What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'13 TX WR Eldridge Massington (Verbal to UCLA)

Well that didn't take long...committed to USC per Daman Sayles from ESPN. Those sanctions are really crushing them...
It will start affecting them in terms of depth and injuries. USC is always going to get the top ranked guys.

That damned 'WeAreSC' ESPN site is suggesting that USC will only take 1 or 2 WRs in their class of 15.

http://insider.espn.go.com/colleges...5/how-usc-trojans-build-2013-recruiting-class

According to nik's sitcky thread, there has only been 1 WR commit to the PAC-12 before this (Sammy Long to Wash). I think a lot of the top 4* on the west coast were waiting and hoping for a USC offer. I expect we'll see a bunch of chips start to fall at the WR position now.

We shall see what happens going forward. Pretty odd that we have offered only 12 WRs to this point (I realize that number may be higher and we just do not know all the offers out there right now). One would think we see some new ones pop up over the next few weeks as the spring evaluation period draws to a close.

We shall see what happens going forward. Pretty odd that we have offered only 12 WRs to this point (I realize that number may be higher and we just do not know all the offers out there right now). One would think we see some new ones pop up over the next few weeks as the spring evaluation period draws to a close.

Depends. If we're in really good shape with current targets, we won't see a lot of new offers. That happened at TE last year (and then we finished 2nd in both our Plan A recruiting battles).

Depends. If we're in really good shape with current targets, we won't see a lot of new offers. That happened at TE last year (and then we finished 2nd in both our Plan A recruiting battles).

How many WR do we take this year? I was thinking it would be no more than 1. 2 at the max if a plan A guy decided late.

How many WR do we take this year? I was thinking it would be no more than 1. 2 at the max if a plan A guy decided late.

We're under 20 scholarships in this class with the following committed:

QB- 1
RB- 1
TE- 1
OL- 1
DE- 1 (if everyone from 2012 qualifies, there's not room to count Berk back so he'd be in the 2013 class)
S- 1

Assuming we find room for 16, I think that includes 3 more OLs and 3 LBs. For the last 4, you have to assume they'd like a DT and a couple DBs. One might be the right number at WR unless the class gets bigger than 16.

Back