What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'14 CA PF Malik Pope (Verbal to San Diego State)

I guess the Nike bling was enough for Oregon to make the cut despite the weather. Kind of funny to see how schools like Washington and Oregon still get perceived as better weather than Colorado.

Not really surprising. Pope wants to stay in a warm weather climate, so most expected he'd commit to a West Coast school

'14 CA PF Malik Pope

Not really surprising. Pope wants to stay in a warm weather climate, so most expected he'd commit to a West Coast school

I hope he enjoys feeling defeat at the hands of Tad mother****in Boyle

I hope he enjoys feeling defeat at the hands of Tad mother****in Boyle

I'm sure if CU wins conference regular season title(s) and shows themselves to be one of the top 2-3 teams in the Pac, many top recruits out west will change their position

I'm sure if CU wins conference regular season title(s) and shows themselves to be one of the top 2-3 teams in the Pac, many top recruits out west will change their position
CU is a top 3 team already in the Pac 12. These recruits are going to miss out.

CU is a top 3 team already in the Pac 12. These recruits are going to miss out.

Here is how I think recruits see it.

1st Tier: Arizona & UCLA (elite programs)
2nd Tier: CU, Cal, Oregon, Washington
3rd Tier: Stanford, USC, ASU
4th Tier: Utah, Oregon State, Washington State

And that's always in flux. Washington is in danger of dropping down. Stanford could jump up with a tourney season. No one is close to joining the elites yet.

SDSU has been really good for a while now. And Fi$her can recruit with the be$t of them.

I could see a commit like Pope take them from that fringe top-25 group to a legitimate sweet-16 contender, though. It's also the type of commitment that will draw a lot of attention in SoCal and could lead to a huge class.

SDSU has been really good for a while now. And Fi$her can recruit with the be$t of them.

Fisher is very good as you point out, but I'm shocked that they were able to pull this in with Tony Bland leaving for USC. He was their workhorse recruiter.

Props to SDSU. Great get for them.

SIAP but he broke his leg again this Sept. It sounds like his suitors dwindled down considerably

Not that surprised by this. Clearly wanted to stay in the West Coast, unless he got a chance to play for a Blue Blood type program such as KU or Kentucky. SDSU consistently gets some of the better talents in the West. Shepard, Allen, Pope and Kell are a hell of a foursome to have in your program.

Have to feel for the kid with his couple unlucky injuries. Hope he can stay healthy.

Back