What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'14 CA QB Cade Apsay (Signed to COLORADO)

Watched the tape on this guy for the first time this morning. This kid is going to be a good one. 45sec into the tape, he takes a huge blow, and delivers the pass right on target. Shows very good elusiveness and pocket presence. Also showed some smarts by sliding on his run plays, tough to teach that in HS.

I love how committed this dude is. Follow his twitter, the guy is all about being a Buffalo. I think he's going to be great here. Let him redshirt, learn the offense, and then when Sefo is gone, Cade is going to be a great Buffs QB.

I hope CU doesn't rush Cade. It is a good thing to redshirt, learn the playbook, get good grades and then come out ready to compete for the starting spot next year.

I hope CU doesn't rush Cade. It is a good thing to redshirt, learn the playbook, get good grades and then come out ready to compete for the starting spot next year.

That is the exact plan. That is why the coaches brought in Gerkhe

If Cade was an inch taller and had a bigger frame, he would have had a ridiculous offer list. Dude can ball.

If Cade was an inch taller and had a bigger frame, he would have had a ridiculous offer list. Dude can ball.

Hey, little guys can't play QB, ask Russell Wilson and Drew Brees.

I hope he does grow taller but that is a hope. I'm pretty sure that he will be able to bulk up his frame in the next couple of years. There is a lot to be said for guys who make things happen and he does.

Very solid addition here. Loved the story on Cade. Guessing he is going to be very happy in Boulder. We are certainly happy to have him!

Welcome Cade!

[tweet]431185689976135680[/tweet]
This guy really wants to be a Buff. He could be special for CU down the road.

I tell ya what, listening to Coach Mac in the presser, it sounded like he felt that Cade would be pushing Sefo for playing time this year (if I heard it right). If we can redshirt him that would be good, if we don't then that means he is starting most likely. I thought it was a no brainer to redshirt him, but that wasn't really the impression I had from what Mac said.

I tell ya what, listening to Coach Mac in the presser, it sounded like he felt that Cade would be pushing Sefo for playing time this year (if I heard it right). If we can redshirt him that would be good, if we don't then that means he is starting most likely. I thought it was a no brainer to redshirt him, but that wasn't really the impression I had from what Mac said.
With only 3, you have to figure odds are he'll play, don't ya?

Only played two last year, and if Connor would have held up under pressure, probably only one. So, no. I don't figure we will play three.

If he unseats Sefo, it is going to take some major talent and quick development on Cade's part. It will be interesting to watch this fall.

Only played two last year, and if Connor would have held up under pressure, probably only one. So, no. I don't figure we will play three.
I'm talking about from a planning perspective. The staff has to plan as if he will be needed. I'd say odds are at least close to 50/50. One question is "will he move up to #2 on the depth chart?"

We need the competition, but in a perfect world Sefo takes command of the job. A strong running game could really help....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm talking about from a planning perspective. The staff has to plan as if he will be needed. I'd say odds are at least close to 50/50. One question is "will he move up to #2 on the depth chart?"

Mac is trying to get a quality walk on for this fall from the Colorado high schools (probably because talking a Colorado kid into walking on at in state tuition is easier than one who would have to pay out of state tuition). Depending on where we are at in the win loss column when/if Sefo needs to come out, then Gherke is next and hopefully can cover. Then if no bowl game is possible, then you go to the walk on. If we are in play...have to think that Cade is definitely in play.

We need the competition, but in a perfect world Sefo takes command of the job. A strong running game could really help....

Strong running game, a talented tight end, two fast receivers, better OL.....yep, hopefully all those improve some this year. Will take the pressure off of Sefo for sure. or lessen it I mean.

Mac is trying to get a quality walk on for this fall from the Colorado high schools (probably because talking a Colorado kid into walking on at in state tuition is easier than one who would have to pay out of state tuition). Depending on where we are at in the win loss column when/if Sefo needs to come out, then Gherke is next and hopefully can cover. Then if no bowl game is possible, then you go to the walk on. If we are in play...have to think that Cade is definitely in play.
That's what I thought he was going to do with Sefo. Keeping Sefo's RS was not nearly as important to him as some of us thought it would be. His comments about not recruiting another QB because it would hurt QB recruiting down the line is telling. He'd burn Apsay's RS in a New York second (thats the amount of time it takes a snapped football over Manning's head to reach the end zone). Burning Apsay's RS would certainly NOT hurt recruiting another QB next year and he says he's in on some "good ones."

I doubt Cade plays. Even if he has the ability he would get crushed with where his weight is right now. Sefo, while not a big dude, was quite a bit bigger than Cade his freshman year and he took a pounding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup. We have good backs, we just need a legitimate PAC12 OL and we'll be bowling.

I doubt Cade plays. Even if he has the ability he would get crushed with where his weight is right now. Sefo, while not a big dude, was quite a bit bigger than Cade his freshman year and he took a pounding.

Remember Koy Detmer? What am I thinking?! Of course you wouldn't.

Remember Koy Detmer? What am I thinking?! Of course you wouldn't.

Let me know when we have that kind of talent on our lines, in our backfield, and outside

Just reading over some stuff on this weekend, Adam had an interesting note: Apsay actually weighs less than when he entered CU. How does that happen?

Back