What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'14 CA RB Kishawn Holmes

Camped with Oreg St coaches in Cerritos, CA a couple days before our Vista Murrietta camp

Kishawn Holmes, APB, Murrieta (Calif.) Vista Murrieta: The 5-7 and 170-pound senior-to-be entered the camp as the odds-on favorite to impress the likes of Riley & Co. Signs point to him getting the job done in that respect. Also worth mentioning, fellow upperclassman D.J. Riggins from Westlake Village (Calif.) Oaks Christian worked out and might have taken away some of the spotlight. No disputing this fact, Holmes is one of the best in the business and is nation's No. 28 player at his position in the 247Sports Composite Rankings.

http://arizona.247sports.com/Articl...olmes-and-Dashawn-Gordon-shine-at-camp-135849

Last edited:
Dude can play. Grades must be really bad.
That would explain fewer BCS offers than one would expect for his abilities but I have gotten the impression that HCMM doesn't just give out schollies to skilled athletes. I understood they only made formal offers to kids who they thought were legitimately interested, who had the talent and fit the culture and who had a reasonable chance of getting admitted.

If that is the case, grades can't be the issue, assuming we have officially offered.

That would explain fewer BCS offers than one would expect for his abilities but I have gotten the impression that HCMM doesn't just give out schollies to skilled athletes. I understood they only made formal offers to kids who they thought were legitimately interested, who had the talent and fit the culture and who had a reasonable chance of getting admitted.

If that is the case, grades can't be the issue, assuming we have officially offered.

Where are you seeing that we offered?

Showed well at UCLA's elite camp.

Boyd, he does not have any offers right now. Grades are an issue here, but he might be worth the risk though.

I just don't understand this. 99% of grades is effort. If you do the work and turn in assignments you should get an A or a B. There's really no excuse for poor grades in High School. The only explanation is laziness IMO. To me, that's a huge concern. Balancing academic commitments with athletics is child's play in High School compared to what it is at the BCS level. In college not only are the assignments more challenging, they're more time consuming. If you're a starter you don't have the whole weekend to do an assignment that's due on Monday. You have to manage your time extremely well, turning in assignments earlier than your classmates because of travel, practice and game times.

If you're a prospective college athlete, you should be working extremely hard to get your stuff together academically so you can prepare for the rigors of being a college athlete. If your grades are slipping, you just suck at life. That's why some kids end up going to a junior college, so they can learn how to manage their time effectively. Look at Phil Loadholt. Colorado Springs product, committed to CU... but only had a 1.23 GPA in high school. Granted, he pulled himself together in community college, then went to a less challenging school that doesn't care as much about academics and became a pro... but still. Why do that to yourself?

Keep an eye on Holmes. He could get several offers after his team's first few games.

Back