What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'14 CA WR Shay Fields (Signed to COLORADO)

link to this info? Edit: looks like Scout is reporting it, but that's only what I can see from the title.

Must have thought that (a) USC was probable, and if not (b) he had enough committable pac 12 offers to give him a solid cushion. Also (c) boise st is on the down swing?

link to this info? Edit: looks like Scout is reporting it, but that's only what I can see from the title.

[tweet]392677927722037249[/tweet]

Squally Canada tweeting with Shay Fields. Please, please, please

Edit: Snow- Fields said he wanted to see what other schools offered. He OV'd to BSU last weekend and couldn't take other OV's unless decommitted

I hope not b/c SC would be a good guess where he would go and I don't want them to return to dominance so fast.

The track record of coaches moving from the sheltered environment of Boise State to the pressure cooker media/booster/fan attention & criticism at a big tent program is not pretty. I'm not sure it would be any different with Petersen.

My thoughts:

1. USC's recruit to lose. Wouldn't be surprised if we see a few more Pac-12 offers come in now that Fields is on the open market

2. Don't know if you guys saw it, but Canada dissed you guys too right after you offered. Retweeted a comment from the Bronco Country admin about Colorado needing to do their own homework after Colorado offered shortly after Boise State. He also called Fields and is probably partially responsible for Fields decommitting by badmouthing the school because Fields himself described his Boise trip as going fantastic. I don't know if you're still pursuing him or not, but I have gotten the definite impression of a head case here.

3. Different story with Fields. He's really blown up and the dad seems to be the one really wanting him to go to USC. Seems like a good kid with his head on straight and really conflicted and weighing his options. Wish him the best of luck wherever he ends up as I doubt he ends up back at Boise State now.

4. I find it unlikely that Coach Pete leaves for USC, though not impossible. He's a bit of a low key guy and even the fundraising/media requirements of Boise have always seemed to bother and annoy him. He turned down Stanford last year and that's one of the places that really worried me. Never say never, but if Pete were to leave I would think it would be to a place at least somewhat similar to Boise. Good place to raise a family, not a huge media glare, etc. Ironically, could see Boulder as the type of place he might fit in well.

Last edited:
jim - I think you meant that Petersen turned down "Cal", not "Stanford". Also, I believe he turned down UCLA before they went with Mora Jr.

Good news for us (sorry jim). I'm betting the next staff at USC won't offer Fields, so that leaves us in a good position. I figured he'd stick with Boise and then flip to USC if the next staff wanted him.

3r3et0.jpg

I still reserve the right to be wrong, but he didn't commit to the next staff that hasn't been hired yet!

With the kids USC is taking right now, there may be a lot recruits looking for homes late in the cycle. There are several I'd love to see as Buffs, but it's definitely not the typical USC class.

Finding SC's recruiting to be quite confusing. Going to be very interesting couple months once the new staff takes over.

Finding SC's recruiting to be quite confusing. Going to be very interesting couple months once the new staff takes over.

Yeah. It wouldn't surprise me if there's a lot of turnover with their class either from current commits defecting or from a new HC not honoring all of the commits.

Yeah. It wouldn't surprise me if there's a lot of turnover with their class either from current commits defecting or from a new HC not honoring all of the commits.
+ I could see some kids transferring out

[video=youtube;_SlpT013YVU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SlpT013YVU[/video]

This kid is legit. Really hope the next staff at USC undervalues him.

Back