What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'14 CO ATH Jay MacIntyre (Signed to COLORADO)

Having watched his film, now I have to laugh. If he wasn't our coaches son, people would be thrilled with this commitment. You can't teach the stuff he has. Well above average speed. Good open field moves. Hell, I say put him in the slot and watch him flourish.

Reminds me of Wes Welker.

Don't think he will ever be a star but I think he will be a solid contributor.

Better athlete than some give him credit for and smart.

I think he is a solid player with occasional flashes of being better than average. As long as he earns his playing time I am good with all of it.

The colorado.rivals.com home page shows Jay as a signed football player and they have added him as a "committed" basketball player.

The colorado.rivals.com home page shows Jay as a signed football player and they have added him as a "committed" basketball player.
That's pretty standard for when a kid is listed in both databases. Will show the same for Conway wherever he ends up I'd imagine.

I am very torn on this signing. I think MacIntyre won't play a position of great debate, but I think he is a MWC scholarship type but not a BCS Pac 12 player. I welcome him aboard and know Mike Mac has a lot of knowledge on how to handle this situation. I would have rather seen a PWO given to him and he has to earn his scholarship. The other local PWO kids have similar offers, such as the guy from Ponderosa. I hope it works out well either way and will keep an open mind. He reminds me of Parker Orms as a frosh. If Parker hadn't got injured early his career as a Buff may have been much brighter.

Very good with this. I understand and feel the "flashback", but I am so much more comfortable with Mac and possibly Tad making this call, than I am Hawk Love..... Jay has a good ring to it for a Buff!

Go Jay, Go Buffs! Welcome!

I am very torn on this signing. I think MacIntyre won't play a position of great debate, but I think he is a MWC scholarship type but not a BCS Pac 12 player. I welcome him aboard and know Mike Mac has a lot of knowledge on how to handle this situation. I would have rather seen a PWO given to him and he has to earn his scholarship. The other local PWO kids have similar offers, such as the guy from Ponderosa. I hope it works out well either way and will keep an open mind. He reminds me of Parker Orms as a frosh. If Parker hadn't got injured early his career as a Buff may have been much brighter.
Did we ask every other 3 star and under to PWO?

For the PWO crowd, I believe there are rules against that. Also I can see it now, "HCMM starts walk-on son over scholarship players." That sounds even worse. At least now he is on a level playing field

Did we ask every other 3 star and under to PWO?
No, I understand what you are saying. I also don't think Jay was under discussion because his offer was kept quiet. Probably due to the unease we have had here in the past.
He is a very solid player and I hope he is a strong contributor. We already know he is a great character young man and a leader.

Congrats Jay! May your time in Boulder turn out to be among the best in your life.

Go Buffs!

No, I understand what you are saying. I also don't think Jay was under discussion because his offer was kept quiet. Probably due to the unease we have had here in the past.
He is a very solid player and I hope he is a strong contributor. We already know he is a great character young man and a leader.

Then why the MWC comment? Whether intentional, or not, you are implying that we shouldn't have signed half of our current batch of recruits.

Then why the MWC comment? Whether intentional, or not, you are implying that we shouldn't have signed half of our current batch of recruits.

I think it was that there was an offer along but kept quiet, it wasn't discussed much because of that. It also is the fact this ship isn't going to get turned around with the under radar recruit because we lack BCS Pac 12 level talent/depth. We have seen this type of class year in and year out and are a bottom feeder because of it. It is frustrating to lose two of the top recruits this class had.
There are plenty of feel good stories, but the Buffs need difference makers. As I have said, I believe we have some in this group that are under the radar like Mathewes.

Congrats to Jay. This is a strong group of coaches and players and a bowl game would be a big step in the right direction.

I think it was that there was an offer along but kept quiet, it wasn't discussed much because of that. It also is the fact this ship isn't going to get turned around with the under radar recruit because we lack BCS Pac 12 level talent/depth. We have seen this type of class year in and year out and are a bottom feeder because of it. It is frustrating to lose two of the top recruits this class had.
There are plenty of feel good stories, but the Buffs need difference makers. As I have said, I believe we have some in this group that are under the radar like Mathewes.

Congrats to Jay. This is a strong group of coaches and players and a bowl game would be a big step in the right direction.

See, it seems to me that

1. We had classes like this, but the top kids seemed to never make it on the field. So the lower kids in the class that should have been backups were starters. And more often than not had to play early, breaking red shirts or starting as redshirt sophmores.

2. Last two staffs were dysfunctional at best, maybe last year or two of Barney-ball too. Most of the time couldn't coach thrir way out of a wet paper bag.

If these coaches keep the talent on the field, and can redshirt the kids that need it (and play them spottily the next year) then the overall talent, experience and belief levels will keep climbing.

We struck out with Ihenacho and Sutton. Seems like a backup plan to me. Hard to argue with production. Happy to have him on board.

See, it seems to me that

1. We had classes like this, but the top kids seemed to never make it on the field. So the lower kids in the class that should have been backups were starters. And more often than not had to play early, breaking red shirts or starting as redshirt sophmores.

2. Last two staffs were dysfunctional at best, maybe last year or two of Barney-ball too. Most of the time couldn't coach thrir way out of a wet paper bag.

If these coaches keep the talent on the field, and can redshirt the kids that need it (and play them spottily the next year) then the overall talent, experience and belief levels will keep climbing.

There is no doubt this is a better staff and I believe with that coaching we are a mid Pac 12 team but if the goal is to go undefeated as MacIntyre, George, DiStefano & Benson all voiced, you need the classes teams like Washington, UCLA and ASU have.

If he wasn't Mac's son probably wouldn't have gotten an offer, it's not like we were still chasing WR's or CB's and Jay filled a need. That being said he can clearly play. Anyone who doesn't like us taking him should watch his highlights (below), pretty impressive as was his production-31 TD's, 18 passing, 7 running, 4 on kick/punt returns, 2 on defense.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2384961/highlights/93132378

If he wasn't Mac's son probably wouldn't have gotten an offer, it's not like we were still chasing WR's or CB's and Jay filled a need. That being said he can clearly play. Anyone who doesn't like us taking him should watch his highlights (below), pretty impressive as was his production-31 TD's, 18 passing, 7 running, 4 on kick/punt returns, 2 on defense.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2384961/highlights/93132378

The bold doesn't match the underlined

The bold doesn't match the underlined

Point is yes there was probably some nepotism involved but that doesn't mean it was a mistake to take him. He's a good player who will help us. Worthy of a scholarship regardless of what his last name is.

Back