What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'14 HI S Jaisen Sanchez (Signed to Colorado)

He is not faster than Ballage. Tap the brakes.
I am going by holic's data on the 200m. Of course the 200 is different than sprinting 20 yards in football gear but he has some wheels. Anyway, welcome aboard Jaisen. Maybe if we are lucky, Jaisen and Ballage can run a 40m race in Buffs gear this fall.

WELCOME TO THE BLACK & GOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:dance2::dance2::dance2::dance2::dance2::dance2::dance2::dance2:

That is correct.
Ballage's best times are quite a bit better.
Still, the kid is not slow. And 100m times are pretty useless, and 200m times are completely useless.

You are right about the 100 times and 200 times not being applicable to football speed. In a lot of cases even a 40 time doesn't indicate how quick a guy is in tight spaces on the field.

I do think that 200 times do apply for one measure. The 200 is a sprint over time. For DBs who are often called on to sprint distances on consequitive plays in a short time it may give a little bit of an idea of how their speed holds up over time.

Still not a big factor though.

'14 HI S Jaisen Sanchez (Verbal to Colorado)

I would like to see 100m times after a few series. That would give you a more accurate football speed measurement.

'14 HI S Jaisen Sanchez (Verbal to Colorado)

Yeah, ok Flounder.

Wow reading over that I sound like bb2. But really, after 30-45 minutes of playing you have got to be worn down. This kid has speed through out the entire game.

Reactions: aik
Do you guys want us to start making "football speed" part of recruiting profiles?

For some perspective, I did a quick google of Colorado state meets.

2012, 22.6 time earns him 4th at Colorado 5A state (just ahead of Gavin McHenry) and .2 ahead of Kallen Ballage's time in the 4A state meet and .33 seconds ahead of McCaffrey's 4A time. Also saw the 3A times for Ryan Moeller (11.19 and 22.71), a Frosh walkon from Rifle.

11.41 100M would have had him 16th in the prelims and failing to qualify for the finals.

Of course, track surfaces are different, wind, altitude, etc. But it's enough to ascertain that the boy's track times confirm he's pretty fast. Maybe not CB fast but probably fast enough.

As many have observed with Moeller or Severson this year, it's about more than straight ahead, full speed. Would be interested in his agility numbers, his standing jump #. He does display fluid hips, which is a trademark of agility.

The way track works in Colorado now is that there is an ongoing rankings list for the season, and at the end, the top 18 individuals in each event for each class get to compete in the state (top 9 for 1A).

An 11.41 for the 100m would have ranked Jaisen ranked in the 120-128 spot overall, and 57-63 in 5A, meaning that he wouldn’t have been anywhere close to qualifying for the state track meet.

A 22.6 time for the 200m (if a time is only listed in tenths, then it’s a hand time) would be converted to 22.84 automatic time would have ranked Jaisen 91 overall in Colorado, and 40th in 5A. While his 200m time is better than his 100m, he still wouldn’t have been close to qualifying for state in the 200 m either.

Keep in mind that these rankings are for Colorado - a relatively small state population wise, especially when compared to California and Texas. A few hundred spots could probably be added to where he'd fall in either of those states if trying to figure out where he'd compare to athletes from the two most recruited states for the schools in the west.

Track surfaces differ at every track around the world, so that isn’t taken into consideration when looking at times. Dirt, concrete, blacktop, cinder, rubber, Mondo, old, new, etc. are all treated equally. Wind is adjusted for in all of the times, as they only include non-wind aided times (Colorado is especially anal about that, which is a real pain in the ass since it’s almost always windy here in the spring). Altitude really doesn’t come into play until you reach the 400m mark or higher, once the lactic acid kicks in - but it doesn’t matter much at all until you get to the long distance events.

What this means, unfortunately, is that speed is not Jaisen’s strong suit when it comes to football (if he is to remain a d-back). Hopefully he gets quicker, stronger, and plays smart.

I agree, it would be nice to see and compare agility/combine type numbers.

Any player who wants to be a Buff will get my support once he is between the lines.

Welcome again, Jaisen.

Last edited:
Great work Holic and Goonie !! and I thought I screwed off at work??? How do you guys find the time?

Hopefully he will be he next Greg Henderson another 2 star DB. I remember folks on this site that were not excited him committing to CU a few years ago. Greg Henderson is now been projected to be drafted. One of the best DBs in the Pac 12 with 4 INT.

For whatever it's worth ESPN gives him the highest position ranking, for their site, of any of our commits thus far (#53 safety). Also an upper-tier 3-star rating, although their rating system is slightly inflated compared to other sites.

Great work Holic and Goonie !! and I thought I screwed off at work??? How do you guys find the time?

Ha, thanks. I can't be on AB during work, so this is once I get home and put my feet up. Pathetic, huh?

Back