What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'14 NV RB Nathan Starks (Signed to UCLA)

I'm pretty sure it was the Rivals board where I read that Starks no longer has an offer from us.
Got it. I'm going to continue to hope that he transfers to CCHS and finds that he likes it in Colorado. Ol' Ball Coach Logan actually helps his alma mater in recruiting and pumps the Buffs, while Mac has some early success and we recruit him hard.

'14 NV RB Nathan Starks

I'm pretty sure it was the Rivals board where I read that Starks no longer has an offer from us.

Yeah Adam had a post after he cleaned up the offers, said "there's a reason he got kicked out of Gorman" or something along those lines. I have a feeling that if MM wasn't trying to build a culture and all that he'd have an offer but I don't think MM wants to take the risks associated with character issues at this point.

Good story, thanks CUFan. I'm with Devlin, let him play.
+1. I recognize this issue may be as much about HS politics as anything, but based on the information I have read he may just be a kid who made a mistake.

Last edited:
Why not let him play. Valor has been on double secret probation for 2 years and is still eligible for the playoffs.

watched most of the game vs Cherokee Trail this past weekend. Do not remember seeing Mr starks in the game. I of course could be wrong.

Had great #'s on a team that has lots of great talent. Not to knock the kid, but what has he done lately? saying all that - if he is tough, fast and will run hard, bring him on.

'14 NV RB Nathan Starks

Had great #'s on a team that has lots of great talent. Not to knock the kid, but what has he done lately? saying all that - if he is tough, fast and will run hard, bring him on.

Other than multiple issues at BG since January that lead to him getting kicked out?

Sent from a red light

Taking high-risk, high-reward, character-issue type recruits is a good strategy in a town that is proud and protective of its football team.

Is Boulder that type of place?

Taking high-risk, high-reward, character-issue type recruits is a good strategy in a town that is proud and protective of its football team.

Ha.
Hahaha.....
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Clearly, someone who has never been to Boulder.

Might be time to get this thread back to focused on the kid. The discussion regarding risk and recruiting has been split off into a more appropriate place:

http://www.allbuffs.com/showthread.php/92970-Risk-taking-in-recruiting

I hope that M2 and staff are in contact with Starks and taking a good look at how he would fit in with the Buffs. He looks to have the kind of athletic ability which we could take good advantage of. He would have a great opportunity to play early and a lot.

Boulder is proud of their football team right now?

3r3ku1.jpg

Back