What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'14 NV SG Namon Wright ('16 TNFR to COLORADO)

Sit out a year and then have 2 to play, correct?

This would be my favorite of all previous options. Power 6 wing who has proven he can go for 10/6 against top competition even when unhappy and used poorly by his coach.

Please let this happen.

Sit out a year and then have 2 to play, correct?

This would be my favorite of all previous options. Power 6 wing who has proven he can go for 10/6 against top competition even when unhappy and used poorly by his coach.

Please let this happen.

He's got a 20/5 game on the road against a tourney team (Ole Miss). Love the 12/12 game @ Arkansas. Should be a plus rebounder for his size & he's a better shooter than he showed last year.

Interesting note - he had a better rebounding rate in 2015-16 than every Buff that wasn't named Josh Scott. Gets to the line a lot and knocks them down when he gets there. Unfortunately, he doesn't appear to be a very efficient offensive player. That said, I want to know how much of that was him and how much of it was the dumpster fire of a program he was playing for. They were 13th in the SEC in offensive efficiency, so I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt even though his shooting leaves a little to be desired.

Missouri coach Kim Anderson repeatedly praised the overall development of Wright’s game during the season even as his shooting percentages dipped dramatically compared to his freshman campaign. Wright more than doubled his rebounding output as a sophomore and also added the ability to drive to his offensive repertoire, going to the free-throw line 109 times last season after only 18 such trips his freshman season.

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/sports/co...f-missouri/article66218647.html#storylink=cpy

Interesting seeing that Wright completely changed his game from his frosh year to soph year. Gives me even more hope. Kid was a top level talent out of HS. This would be a huge get.

Interesting note - he had a better rebounding rate in 2015-16 than every Buff that wasn't named Josh Scott. Gets to the line a lot and knocks them down when he gets there. Unfortunately, he doesn't appear to be a very efficient offensive player. That said, I want to know how much of that was him and how much of it was the dumpster fire of a program he was playing for. They were 13th in the SEC in offensive efficiency, so I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt even though his shooting leaves a little to be desired.

Tory & Wes were significantly ahead of him in total rebound % on sports-reference. He led Mizzou in rebounding. Apparently, he has a hitch in his shot that needs work. Good analysis here: http://www.rockmnation.com/mizzou-b...hoops-postseason-player-analysis-namon-wright

Tory & Wes were significantly ahead of him in total rebound % on sports-reference.

****, typo on my part. DEFENSIVE Rebounding percentage. Got it right on my tweet, ****ed it up here. Thanks.

Maybe I'm just a sucker for social media but, he gave Rick George the follow back too. I'm feeling better about our chances with Namon than I did with Jimmy or Dom.

I've been looking, but Namon isn't very active on social media. He tweets about once a week. And CU MBB keeps things very close to the vest.

Basically, I got nothing.

Great player. Great fit.

Added bonus: Should keep J-R-K away from allbuffs for a while.

This is really apples to oranges in effect, but it takes a little sting out of yesterday's Patrick Carr news. Welcome, Buffalo!

Back