What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'14 TX QB Aaron Sharp (Verbal to UCLA)

Pretty good get for the Utes, but I have to wonder if this really fits. Didn't they shift towards a more pro style offense last year? I think Sharp would excel in a spread option type situation, but what do I know!

A day after committing to the Utes, there's talk that he is regretting the decision and may have already flipped to Kansas State.

Interesting. After all the success Utah had with Urban Meyer had in his short stint and the success that Wittingham had at Utah in the MWC you would think that Utah fans would be getting complacent with the lack of results (mainly last year at 5-7) they've had in the Pac 12.

Like most teams in mid-major or non-AQ conferences their entire focus was on "joining the club," becoming part of a big time conference. For a lot of Ute fans they are still basking in the glow of being a part of the PAC instead of the MWC, even if they aren't winning a lot. It also helps a lot that they are in and BYU isn't.

A day after committing to the Utes, there's talk that he is regretting the decision and may have already flipped to Kansas State.
:lol:

Like most teams in mid-major or non-AQ conferences their entire focus was on "joining the club," becoming part of a big time conference. For a lot of Ute fans they are still basking in the glow of being a part of the PAC instead of the MWC, even if they aren't winning a lot. It also helps a lot that they are in and BYU isn't.
I could see that, whatever keeps them a level ahead of BYU would probably be okay with them if they continue to win 6-8 games a year.

'14 TX QB Aaron Sharp (verbal to Kansas State)

Good call, I'm a bit surprised though that he's not heading to the Little Apple. Have to wonder if this is solid though if anything happens to Wittingham.

Heh

Re: '14 TX QB Aaron Sharp (Verbal to Kansas State)

I hope he flips again. Just for giggles.

ESPN reported that the reason for the quick switch is that Aaron's mother doesn't like Utah because she won't get to see him play and he'd be too far away. Aaron himself described Utah and Kansas State as "dead even tie" and he chose Utah because they were his first offer. He didn't seem to mind the switch if it makes his mother happier about where he goes to school.

'14 TX QB Aaron Sharp (Verbal to Kansas State)

What a mama's boy though. I love my mother, but she didn't have any say on where I went to school.

I think you may be underestimating how important it is to sell the mom, there could also be outside circumstance like with Powell and his mom as well as the environment and family situation.

Back