What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'15 CA CB Nicholas Fisher (Signed to COLORADO)

Welcome to the mighty BnG! I could see this kid making an immediate impact in ST. Most people are saying safety, and we need help there. Seems he could also play RB or WR, but we more depth there than at S.

Welcome to the mighty BnG! I could see this kid making an immediate impact in ST. Most people are saying safety, and we need help there. Seems he could also play RB or WR, but we more depth there than at S.

Cornerback

I'm thinking that this is part of a defensive strategy to deal with the modern passing game. When a QB is releasing the ball in under 3 seconds with a spread field, there's not much chance for your pass rush to get there. There's not much chance to play cornerback in the traditional way, either, since guy just run and throw to space. The way that MacIntyre and others are looking at defeating that is to have physical corners who jam the WRs at the line of scrimmage, disrupting the timing of plays, disrupting releases into space, and forcing QBs to hold on to the ball longer than they're comfortable doing. We're recruiting bigger, more physical defensive backs (i.e., Sanchez last year at CB and White at S) and Fisher fits right in with that.

I'm thinking that this is part of a defensive strategy to deal with the modern passing game. When a QB is releasing the ball in under 3 seconds with a spread field, there's not much chance for your pass rush to get there. There's not much chance to play cornerback in the traditional way, either, since guy just run and throw to space. The way that MacIntyre and others are looking at defeating that is to have physical corners who jam the WRs at the line of scrimmage, disrupting the timing of plays, disrupting releases into space, and forcing QBs to hold on to the ball longer than they're comfortable doing. We're recruiting bigger, more physical defensive backs (i.e., Sanchez last year at CB and White at S) and Fisher fits right in with that.

Makes a lot of sense - cheers.

Ahkello may be another one also

Ahkello may be another one also

Yeah. Throw in how much pressure is not put on DBs with these zone reads and screen passes. Linebackers need to be more like safeties (for speed) and cornerbacks need to be more like safeties (for physicality). Basically, we're getting to the point where the defense is 4 DLs and then 7 safeties.

Yeah. Throw in how much pressure is NOW put on DBs with these zone reads and screen passes. Linebackers need to be more like safeties (for speed) and cornerbacks need to be more like safeties (for physicality). Basically, we're getting to the point where the defense is 4 DLs and then 7 safeties.

FIFY.

Yeah. Throw in how much pressure is not put on DBs with these zone reads and screen passes. Linebackers need to be more like safeties (for speed) and cornerbacks need to be more like safeties (for physicality). Basically, we're getting to the point where the defense is 4 DLs and then 7 safeties.

I think zone read is a huge consideration here. You cannot have CBs who cannot tackle. Just a reality of so many plays in space.

Awful news. Hate to see a kid missing out on his senior year. I just hope he doesn't rush back too fast.

I'd rather him be healthy, have an awesome year, get offers from everyone and still join the best team in the Pac 12...The Buffs.

^^this

Sounds like he's not as seriously hurt as it first sounded and Fisher was looking at only missing 2-3 weeks.

You only get one senior year and it's one of the best times of your life. Hoping Fisher has a huge rest of the season once he gets back.

I thought we also had a couple of guys with no rating, and everyone is rated now.

2*s didn't help.

Montez getting the bump he should up to a 3* is likely to carry us into the 50s, though.

2*s didn't help.

Montez getting the bump he should up to a 3* is likely to carry us into the 50s, though.

Which kind of begs the question: Are we really going to be upset about a recruiting class ranked in the 50's for a 2-10 football team?

Back