What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'15 CA QB Sheriron Jones (Transferring again?)

Did anybody set the O/U on the number of times posters would ask about his eligibility to play next year?

Hot, damn! This is a great way to start a 4 hour cross country flight. Welcome, Sheriron! (In my best Irish pirate accent)

PS - is he eligible to play this year? :D

This thread shows how many casual fans are not understanding of simple rules in college football. Unless it's Marcus Houston, a guy has to sit a year after transferring unless he is a JUCO or graduate transfer. Come on people.

This is a big get. It makes the QB competition very interesting from 2017-2019

This thread shows how many casual fans are not understanding of simple rules in college football. Unless it's Marcus Houston, a guy has to sit a year after transferring unless he is a JUCO or graduate transfer. Come on people.

This is a big get. It makes the QB competition very interesting from 2017-2019

Shane Callahan.

I wonder where this leaves Lindgren? Brian can't feel but a little doubt about Chiv's arrival and the shadow he's already casting. Unlike Leavitt who replaced the previous DC the situation at OC is a bit different.
considering lindgren's job depends on QB play, and Chev is going out and getting him (a) the #1 QB that was on his board last year, and (b) a top level transfer, I'd say Lindgren is probably stoked that the recruiting pressure is off.

Also, from the CU article today:

After their first meeting, he left believing he and Lindgren “are going to work really well together.” Chiaverini said Lindgren’s offense “has been running stuff I like and he likes some of the things we did at Texas Tech – like playing with the tight end. I think you can incorporate some of that open-set spread stuff that we did at Tech with a tight end in the offense.”

FYI, per Adam those two hit it off famously.

Last edited:
Put me firmly as a "who cares?" We have seen Montez, he can play at the P12 level. Noyer, by all reports, appears to be a competent back up. Tyler Lytle, a highly rated early enrollee and Blake Stenstrom committed, CU seems to be well-stocked at QB.

Jones, on the other hand, has two years off his clock, and is reportedly third string behind another SO, and a RSFr. He could not crack the two deep at UT, and has a career grand total of 2, count 'em, passing yards against powerhouse Tennessee Tech. Yes, he was highly rated but does not seem like he can make up his mind about where he wants to be. No thanks.

Now if some hot shot grad transfer with a ton of P5 success and experience at QB was shopping around, a horse of a different color, but Jones can find another home...I am sure he will, just not a good fit for CU now. JMO.

Put me firmly as a "who cares?" We have seen Montez, he can play at the P12 level. Noyer, by all reports, appears to be a competent back up. Tyler Lytle, a highly rated early enrollee and Blake Stenstrom committed, CU seems to be well-stocked at QB.

Jones, on the other hand, has two years off his clock, and is reportedly third string behind another SO, and a RSFr. He could not crack the two deep at UT, and has a career grand total of 2, count 'em, passing yards against powerhouse Tennessee Tech. Yes, he was highly rated but does not seem like he can make up his mind about where he wants to be. No thanks.

Now if some hot shot grad transfer with a ton of P5 success and experience at QB was shopping around, a horse of a different color, but Jones can find another home...I am sure he will, just not a good fit for CU now. JMO.

seems he was bitten by the over-hyped / entitled monster. he keeps moving because he's not been "given" the starter's role he "deserves"

Last edited:
Lol, nothing to see here. He should just go to a small school and play maybe.
Is "maybe" some new sport for football players that can't get their **** together?

It sounds like the perfect sport for certain former football coaches too: he should go coach maybe.

Is "maybe" some new sport for football players that can't get their **** together?

It sounds like the perfect sport for certain former football coaches too: he should go coach maybe.
Hmm well, if he still wants to play, that would probably be his best route. If he doesn't have it inside anymore, shut it down and get his degree.

Back