What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'15 CO OT Tim Lynott (Signed to COLORADO)

Cornerstone potential here..... Welcome Tim, make it happen for yourself, and the program.

Old-Boulder-Welcome-Sign-604x270.jpg

Probably not much, but if he's needed, he may be in the 2 deep.

I don't think he'll be on the depth chart at all this year. He needs to RS, and he has Huckins, Callahan, Wifels, Kough, and Sutton all having been on campus for at least a year at guard. Center has less bodies, but I don't think he cracks it.

Tim's 5th year will be better than his 1st, so unless he is just a star needs to take the year to adjust.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

MM just said Timmy Lynot is the one OL recruit that is physically in a position to be able to compete for a role this year, others need a RS to fill out.

What's the chance this guy starts from day one?

Close to zero chance. In fact, I'd say there's a very good chance he redshirts, which would be ideal. I'd much rather have a 5th year senior Tim Lynott than a true Freshman Tim Lynott. The OL should be decent next year. He will have the luxury of coming in, learning from the coaches about what the system here is, and develop into a freakish beast by 2016 or 2017.

I think we've finally developed enough depth on the OL so that we can redshirt pretty much every incoming OL. That's where you want to be.

Close to zero chance. In fact, I'd say there's a very good chance he redshirts, which would be ideal. I'd much rather have a 5th year senior Tim Lynott than a true Freshman Tim Lynott. The OL should be decent next year. He will have the luxury of coming in, learning from the coaches about what the system here is, and develop into a freakish beast by 2016 or 2017.

I think we've finally developed enough depth on the OL so that we can redshirt pretty much every incoming OL. That's where you want to be.

Exactly! I also would be fine with a 2018 beast RS-Junior that leaves early and gets ready mentally and physically rather than gets beat up as a true frosh and is never the same (kind of like Ryan Miller).

Buffnik just RTed this onto my timeline and I nearly had a heart attack because I misread and left out the "for":

[TWEET]612974837867253760[/TWEET]

He's a man, man. Just by looking at him, you'd have to expect he'll push for playing time this year. I really, REALLY hope we can redshirt him. He'd be an absolute monster as a 5th year senior.

Heh - I just realized I'm totally repeating myself. Funny. I forgot how much I ranted about wanting him to redshirt before.

He's a man, man. Just by looking at him, you'd have to expect he'll push for playing time this year. I really, REALLY hope we can redshirt him. He'd be an absolute monster as a guy drafted when he should be a fifth year senior.

The only potential reason not to RS him.

I'd love to have him around for 5 years and he seems like the kind of guy who could turn down NFL money to stay with his team but you never know.

We finally have some depth to where he should RS. This is what we should be hoping for with most recruits, that we don't need them before they even step foot on campus.

The only potential reason not to RS him.

I'd love to have him around for 5 years and he seems like the kind of guy who could turn down NFL money to stay with his team but you never know.

I'd be totally OK with him leaving for the NFL after his RS Junior year if it meant he was an All-American who just finished up a three-year stint of brutalizing opposing defensive linemen.

Redshirt him.

if we can.

Back