What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'15 JC DT Jordan Carrell (Signed to COLORADO)

We need some linebackers to run a Tampa 2 scheme no?

Fast ones if we're going to run that coverage scheme.

I was just talking about the DL responsibilities in this thread.

Though I do think that the personnel being recruited for defense fits pretty well overall. Big corners, LBs like KO, Severson and Rippy with White and Talianko possibly playing there. Some DEs who are more hybrid types who could speed rush or drop into a zone if a zone blitz was called. Other DEs who can play more of a 6/7 technique. A mix of 2-gap and 1-gap DTs (which would be 1-gappers in a T-2, but half of them would take on a double-team). Safeties that can cover a lot of ground. Big CBs that can jam receivers and are more short area quick and explosive than they are long speed type guys.

Frankly, I think that defense fits the personnel that has been brought in a hell of a lot better than playing man coverage while asking the DLs to occupy blockers. My guess is that this is the way it is going. At least I hope so.

"a football player in the purest sense". Words from his JC Coach. Can't wait to see him here.

Welcome aboard Jordan!!!

And excuse my ignorance but Can someone tell me why a 1st team JC All American doesn't have any other P5 offers?

Welcome aboard Jordan!!!

And excuse my ignorance but Can someone tell me why a 1st team JC All American doesn't have any other P5 offers?

JuCo recruiting has always been strange. You will see guys with only an offer to Ball State then they end up signing with Alabama or Florida. I'm just glad we are getting some signed as we try to build back up.

And welcome Jordan!

Going to be huge next year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Get your popcorn out. Carrell's a very good recruit. It's very hard to find disruptive DTs and I believe we have one in Carrell.

3rd and long DT.

Carrell, Henington, and Samson coming back would alleviate so much from the D, we might actually see better coverage when our LBs dont have to worry about "Tupou and the 3 freshman" get run through every play.

3rd and long DT.

Carrell, Henington, and Samson coming back would alleviate so much from the D, we might actually see better coverage when our LBs dont have to worry about "Tupou and the 3 freshman" get run through every play.

Hopefully we can force a few more 3rd and longs this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most underrated commit imo (assuming he gets to around 290lbs). Tupou and Solis are run plugging DT's. Hopefully Carrell can be that dual-threat type DT

Most underrated commit imo (assuming he gets to around 290lbs). Tupou and Solis are run plugging DT's. Hopefully Carrell can be that dual-threat type DT
He seems to fit the profile of what they wanted Parker to be in 2014. I think we may have upgraded here.

Back