What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'16 CO PF De'Ron Davis (Signed to Indiana)

I think De'Ron's ranking is ideal for CU. Not too high that it's an automatic that Tad will have to battle Kentucky, Duke, KU, North Carolina, etc for his signature.

But certainly high enough that there can be little doubt what kind of impact he can make.

I think De'Ron's ranking is ideal for CU. Not too high that it's an automatic that Tad will have to battle Kentucky, Duke, KU, North Carolina, etc for his signature.

But certainly high enough that there can be little doubt what kind of impact he can make.

I must be reading these rankings differently than you because a top 15 national recruit is absolutely going to be getting recruited by Kentucky, Kansas, etc.

I must be reading these rankings differently than you because a top 15 national recruit is absolutely going to be getting recruited by Kentucky, Kansas, etc.

I don't think it is an automatic that he'll be offered a scholarship by all of those schools. At least early in the process. A lot of the top programs wait it out, especially if there are other players ranked ahead of a player at the same position.

Know that he was very high on Duke, but they're not in his Top 5 now, and I have to think a part of that is how they have recruited him. It's still early, and I'm sure it can and will change, but I like CU's chances a lot better at getting Davis if he's ranked around #15 instead of at #3

Anyone go to watch Overland play? Typically Smokey and Creek had good bball teams. I've been away from the CO high school scene long enough that I'm not sure who even makes up the Centennial League anymore.

Also the flood effected the Utah Park area across the street from Overland. I'm not sure if Overland was effected does anyone know? Hopefully it did not effect De'Ron and his teammates.

They weathered the floods in good fashion. (My daughter is a freshman at Overland). It was interesting last Thursday, as a couple of tiles fell in the cafeteria. But nothing more in terms of major damage.

Eaglecrest defeated East for the 5A title last year, and they're in the Centennial League. It's pretty solid for basketball.

The wife teaches at Overland. The school is fine, no serious damage.

I am sure I will go check out a few games this winter. Curious how he and Conley fair. I saw Conley play football last night. Legit athlete.

If Indiana has been on him early....the other schools are just as likely to try to get in before its too late

Indiana was likely in on him early due to Assistant Steve McLain who was a CU Asst. under Bzdelic and Head Coach at Wyoming. He has contacts in Denver and the local AAU programs and likely heard of him in middle school. I think IU offered him as an eighth grader.

IU is also recruiting Austin Conway.

Spoke to a coach (now at Grandview but used to coach at Overland) on Saturday. He said the Overland gym is being revamped with a new scoreboard in anticipation for very high attendance this year.

Indiana was likely in on him early due to Assistant Steve McLain who was a CU Asst. under Bzdelic and Head Coach at Wyoming. He has contacts in Denver and the local AAU programs and likely heard of him in middle school. I think IU offered him as an eighth grader.

IU is also recruiting Austin Conway.

As a Buff fan Davis and Conway would look good in the Black&Gold; but being from a Hoosier family it will be a good consolation to see them in the Cream&Crimson.

As a Buff fan Davis and Conway would look good in the Black&Gold; but being from a Hoosier family it will be a good consolation to see them in the Cream&Crimson.
I believe Will said Conway does NOT have an IU offer. I may be mis-remembering, but I believe he stated that.

It looks like Overland has been playing pretty well. They lost to a couple of schools in Utah and to Regis. They play Mullen tomorrow night.

In most of their wins they are dropping an insane amount of points on people.

12/05TBA Lone Peak (Highland, UT)
Game Details: TBA

70 - 63Win
12/06TBA@ American Fork (American Fork, UT)

65 - 63Loss
12/07TBA@ Bingham (South Jordan, UT)

71 - 65Loss
12/137:00p@ Lincoln (Denver, CO)

63 - 43Win
12/17TBA Gateway (Aurora, CO)
Game Details: PEPSI CENTER

98 - 55Win
12/195:30p Palmer (Colorado Springs, CO)
Game Details: Rock Canyon Tournament

62 - 26Win
12/205:30p Aurora Central (Aurora, CO)

73 - 42Win
12/2111:00a Fruita Monument (Fruita, CO)

86 - 36Win
01/047:00p@ Regis Jesuit (Aurora, CO)

64 - 53Loss
01/087:00p@ Mullen (Denver, CO)

FYI, Lone Peak who Overland beat in the first game of the season was last year's MaxPreps national champion, FWIW. Lone Peak and American Fork are both very good teams.

[video=youtube;vFZnqCrsou8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFZnqCrsou8&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DvFZ nqCrsou8&app=desktop[/video]

Thanks for the video. Coach Boyle even made a few appearances. Really hope to see him in a Buff uniform and committed sooner than later so we can attract other talent to compliment his skills.

Thanks for the video. Coach Boyle even made a few appearances. Really hope to see him in a Buff uniform and committed sooner than later so we can attract other talent to compliment his skills.

Yep, I wonder who did that video because they seemed to hone in on Tad a couple of times. That kid looks sooooo good - would love to see him in a Buff uniform in '16.

If De'Ron is as consistant in the short/intermediate game as he appears to be in that film, wow.

Well he's a 40 percent 3 point shooter, albeit on only 15 attempts. That's all I could find on his jump shooting. 59 percent overall for the year, and he had a 46 point, 21 rebound game recently.

His game is developing nicely. He looks much more coordinated and smooth through out the video. At 6'9 I would still like to see him attacking the rim more. It might just be the highlight tape showing his mid-range game. He is going to be fun to watch develop over the years. Can't believe this guy is only a sophomore.

His game is developing nicely. He looks much more coordinated and smooth through out the video. At 6'9 I would still like to see him attacking the rim more. It might just be the highlight tape showing his mid-range game. He is going to be fun to watch develop over the years. Can't believe this guy is only a sophomore.

I look at it the other way. If he was just going Shaq on a bunch of overmatched CO suburban kids, I'd have more questions about Davis. His game is much more advanced than that.

does he look like he plays like a more polished version of Wes Gordon to anyone else?

Don't expect him to do a lot of rim attacking. He's not a real explosive kid. More explosive than Josh, but he's not a guy who's going to put back a bunch of dunks.

I look at it the other way. If he was just going Shaq on a bunch of overmatched CO suburban kids, I'd have more questions about Davis. His game is much more advanced than that.

So true. I love how when his back is to the basket, he doesn't use his body to overpower kids half his size. He showed a soft touch on a couple turn away jumpers. Have been really impressed by his dribbling & shooting skills. Not worried about his explosiveness as he's only a soph in HS. Just wish he had some more big bodies to bang against in Denver preps.

Wow. BIG want. I hope he becomes a Buff. I think I'll check him out when he plays at a local school in the next year or so.

Back