What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'16 CO QB Matt Lynch (Verbal to UCLA)

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
Rivals
Scout
ESPN
247sports

1835257_374e0f4e6b1e473fa8550790335d9b61.jpg

Legacy H.S. (Broomfield, CO)

Twitter: https://twitter.com/5_lynch

Ht: 6'4"
Wt: 182
40: 4.7

Rivals rating: 3*-5.6rr; #20 QB-P
Scout rating: 3*; #53 QB
ESPN rating: 4*-80 grade; #20 QB-P
247s rating: 3*-85 grade; #42 QB-P

Reported Offers: CSU, Oregon State, UCLA

Had been committed to McElwain & CSU since April, but has decommitted.

[tweet]553411728760127491[/tweet]

The linked Scout article lists Lynch at 6'5" 200lbs, fwiw.

[tweet]542908472925634560[/tweet]

MaxPreps Junior Stats

He's very much a "projected upside" guy. He can scoot and has a good arm. Accuracy isn't there yet and the decision making needs to improve as a senior (12/10 TD-INT ratio). But after watching the film, there's just something about this kid. I particularly like how he looks on the zone read and throwing on a rollout.

Good athlete, should work on his decision making, a couple of throws in the video would have been picked off in College.

So few 2016 offers out to quarterbacks right now. Could this mean that Lynch is the guy?

Good athlete, should work on his decision making, a couple of throws in the video would have been picked off in _________.

Fill in the [blank]. That can be said for any QB at any level. His decision-making on the read option is pretty darned good, as are his ball fakes. Those are harder skills to master than picking out open receivers against HS zone defenses.

Not sure I've ever been more surprised with an offer. Best of luck to Mr. Lynch.

[tweet]596092651721478144[/tweet]

I guess we'll see how our QB recruiting shakes out, but odd scenario all around.

Based on our luck in the recent past, i would expect him to become an all-American and whoop our asses a few times.

They better not have let another great QB leave the state... Especially without an offer!!

Based on our luck in the recent past, i would expect him to become an all-American and whoop our asses a few times.

They better not have let another great QB leave the state... Especially without an offer!!

Who are these other great qbs you are talking about? The only one I know of is spond and he ended up,playing linebacker.

Robinson (Lite) is the only kid that comes to mind over the past 15 years or so that had a good collegiate career.

Edit, forgot about Klein. And we did offer Robinson, just late.

from phone

Who was the kid who went to Kansas (or KSjU) without a CU offer, had a nice career there?

So people are bumbed we missed out on a backup quarterback at northwestern who was moved to other positions?

I'm sure we didn't need a kid who scored a combined 50 tds, was a 2 time HM All-Big performer. We were doing great with the Jordan and Connor leading the way

In a class where we will only have around a dozen scholarships, why the anger? Lynch's tape shows him no better than Montez or Apsay against MUCH weaker competition as well. While I believe you need a QB every year, with Montez likely redshirting, in '16 you have Senior (Liufau and Gehrke), Sophomore (Apsay), Freshman (Montez) to go with 3 walk-ons, one of which will be a Junior and the other two sophomores.

Lynch has to beat out a high 4-star QB sometime in the next few years at UCLA. Won't lose sleep over this guy, just watch the tape.

Relying on walk-ons to fill out a QB depth chart sounds like a good plan.

I'm sure we didn't need a kid who scored a combined 50 tds, was a 2 time HM All-Big performer. We were doing great with the Jordan and Connor leading the way

I'm not saying we wouldn't have used him I am just saying the comment about us missing on another "big time" colorado qb is false. None of those qbs were "big time", and Kolter didn't do all of that as a qb. But good try. He had a little over 500 yards passing for three years straight. BIG TIME!

I'm not saying we wouldn't have used him I am just saying the comment about us missing on another "big time" colorado qb is false. None of those qbs were "big time", and Kolter didn't do all of that as a qb. But good try. He had a little over 500 yards passing for three years straight. BIG TIME!

Miles was absolutely big time but we offered and he left, like many other highly rated recruits in CO.

Collin Klein (KSU) is really the most recent guy that we probably could have had, but never offered, who left and had a pretty big time career.

Miles was absolutely big time but we offered and he left, like many other highly rated recruits in CO.

Collin Klein (KSU) is really the most recent guy that we probably could have had, but never offered, who left and had a pretty big time career.

Yeah agree on Miles, he was a stud in high school but look how that is turning out at Washington. Klein is a weird situation because if you go off of how he looked in high school it doesn't seem like he was worth an offer. Didn't K State assume he would switch positions at some point? Looking back he turned out good.

Back