What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'16 TX OT Chance Lytle (Signed to COLORADO - GS)

"I have seen a lot of these high level recruits at camps and they are all very strong and they are very heavy but they aren't as fast as I am, or as fast as I feel an offensive tackle should be. So my agility and my speed and my footwork are my best attributes. I did boxing for a while so I feel like my punch is another strong attribute that I bring to the table."

https://colorado.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1818437

Welcome aboard BIG MAN. Ready for you to come start clearing some paths. btw- my big sis was a Charger, cool school with lots of tradition.

Here's some scouting report stuff for you guys from various sources:

BearsTruth (247s Baylor Site) -- 6/8/15

Three Days of Camp: Best OL Prospects
Chance Lytle (San Antonio MacArthur)

Lytle, a 2016 prospect, has no offers at this time, but do not be surprised when he explodes. He is listed at 6-foot-6, 265-pounds, but this is off by 30 pounds and possibly another inch in height. While raw in technique, Lytle has very good athleticism to go with his massive frame. Lytle had some issues handling smaller ends spinning inside on him if he leaned outside, but once he locked on the fight was over.

Jeremy Clark (247s Analyst) -- 7/18/15

HFB Top Performers from TCU Linemen Camp
Chance Lytle | OL | SA Churchill | 2016
Lytle was an impressive looking offensive line prospect at 6-foot-6, 290-pounds. Lytle worked at right tackle and some guard as well. Lytle was one of the better testers at the camp, running a 5.20 forty. Lytle impressed during one-on-one’s as well as he held his own against guys like Wise and Graham.

Gabe Brooks (Scout Analyst) -- 7/23/15

Chance Lytle Impresses at "Under The Lights"
At this past weekend's Texas "Under The Lights" camp in Austin, 2016 prospect Chance Lytle performed the best during 1-on-1 competition of all the camp's offensive linemen. In the reps that Scout analysts witnessed, Lytle won eight times and lost only once, and that loss was borderline and could've been considered a draw.

In other words, the under-the-radar offensive tackle could've caught some recruiting attention thanks to his impressive performance. Lytle, who also attended a June camp host by Baylor, possesses a fantastic frame for the tackle position at 6-foot-6, 285 pounds. He has long arms and knows how to use them. Lytle displayed impressive footwork in keeping edge rushers at bay during Saturday's 1-on-1 action.

Lytle is a player to watch in the coming months as his senior season approaches. With two Big 12 camps, including his strong showing at the UTL event, Lytle could be on the verge of landing his first few offers once word gets out.

Burnt Orange Nation by Jonathan Wells (SBNation's UT site) -- 7/24/15

Recruiting: getting to know 2016 OL Chance Lytle
I met Lytle four months ago when I talked to various athletes after they finished going through SPARQ testing stations at the Dallas Nike Combine, held on March 14 at AT&T Stadium in Arlington. Lytle passed the eyeball test with flying colors; he checked in at 6'6" and 265 pounds and posted a SPARQ score of 85.56, a very impressive figure for an O-lineman. Only two offensive linemen at the event posted higher scores, and his kneeling powerball toss of 43.5 feet was the third best mark out of the 2,100+ athletes who were tested that day.

Lytle obviously has size you can't teach, good length, and has been steadily filling out his frame over the past year or so, and with him being among the youngest members of the 2016 class, he may have more physical development in his future than a lot of the other offensive linemen in the class. At the Dallas Nike Football SPARQ Combine in May of 2014 - a time when Lytle was near the end of his sophomore year and still a month shy of his 16th birthday - he checked in at 6'6" and 240 pounds. Ten months later at the aforementioned 2015 Dallas Nike Combine, he was the same height and 25 pounds heavier. And now, a month after turning 17, he says he has added another 25 pounds.

If he displays the same agility and athleticism in 2015 that he showed as a junior, while improving his technique and carrying 30+ pounds more than a season ago, I'll be very surprised if he doesn't have at least a handful of Big 12 offers by the end of his senior season.

And a few snippets from Maximus's analysis on the Rivals board (based on seeing Lytle at CU's on-campus camp) -- 10/27/15:

• His size is legit at 6'7, 290 but what really makes me smile is that he still looks skinny.
  • Uses both hands and feet effectively, is very smart, and from what I saw in a couple hours at the camp, is a smart kid who learns things quickly.
  • He's got great length--nice long arms to control the edge and make contact with the defender before most defenders will be able to make contact with him.
  • His film is interesting and shows me a kid who is very raw in technique.
  • Like a lot of tall linemen he plays way too high right now
  • He has a false step off the snap of the ball in run blocking that puts him a half step behind everyone else right now

tl/dr version: he's long-armed, tall, athletic, smart, with good work ethic and good feet... young for his class (June birthday) and just started filling out to about 6'6.5" and 290 lbs without losing speed... needs to work on further developing his strength/power... has a gigantic frame that can easily take another 30 lbs... and he's very raw on technique.

Here's some scouting report stuff for you guys from various sources:

BearsTruth (247s Baylor Site) -- 6/8/15

Three Days of Camp: Best OL Prospects
Chance Lytle (San Antonio MacArthur)

Lytle, a 2016 prospect, has no offers at this time, but do not be surprised when he explodes. He is listed at 6-foot-6, 265-pounds, but this is off by 30 pounds and possibly another inch in height. While raw in technique, Lytle has very good athleticism to go with his massive frame. Lytle had some issues handling smaller ends spinning inside on him if he leaned outside, but once he locked on the fight was over.

Jeremy Clark (247s Analyst) -- 7/18/15

HFB Top Performers from TCU Linemen Camp
Chance Lytle | OL | SA Churchill | 2016
Lytle was an impressive looking offensive line prospect at 6-foot-6, 290-pounds. Lytle worked at right tackle and some guard as well. Lytle was one of the better testers at the camp, running a 5.20 forty. Lytle impressed during one-on-one’s as well as he held his own against guys like Wise and Graham.

Gabe Brooks (Scout Analyst) -- 7/23/15

Chance Lytle Impresses at "Under The Lights"
At this past weekend's Texas "Under The Lights" camp in Austin, 2016 prospect Chance Lytle performed the best during 1-on-1 competition of all the camp's offensive linemen. In the reps that Scout analysts witnessed, Lytle won eight times and lost only once, and that loss was borderline and could've been considered a draw.

In other words, the under-the-radar offensive tackle could've caught some recruiting attention thanks to his impressive performance. Lytle, who also attended a June camp host by Baylor, possesses a fantastic frame for the tackle position at 6-foot-6, 285 pounds. He has long arms and knows how to use them. Lytle displayed impressive footwork in keeping edge rushers at bay during Saturday's 1-on-1 action.

Lytle is a player to watch in the coming months as his senior season approaches. With two Big 12 camps, including his strong showing at the UTL event, Lytle could be on the verge of landing his first few offers once word gets out.

Burnt Orange Nation by Jonathan Wells (SBNation's UT site) -- 7/24/15

Recruiting: getting to know 2016 OL Chance Lytle
I met Lytle four months ago when I talked to various athletes after they finished going through SPARQ testing stations at the Dallas Nike Combine, held on March 14 at AT&T Stadium in Arlington. Lytle passed the eyeball test with flying colors; he checked in at 6'6" and 265 pounds and posted a SPARQ score of 85.56, a very impressive figure for an O-lineman. Only two offensive linemen at the event posted higher scores, and his kneeling powerball toss of 43.5 feet was the third best mark out of the 2,100+ athletes who were tested that day.

Lytle obviously has size you can't teach, good length, and has been steadily filling out his frame over the past year or so, and with him being among the youngest members of the 2016 class, he may have more physical development in his future than a lot of the other offensive linemen in the class. At the Dallas Nike Football SPARQ Combine in May of 2014 - a time when Lytle was near the end of his sophomore year and still a month shy of his 16th birthday - he checked in at 6'6" and 240 pounds. Ten months later at the aforementioned 2015 Dallas Nike Combine, he was the same height and 25 pounds heavier. And now, a month after turning 17, he says he has added another 25 pounds.

If he displays the same agility and athleticism in 2015 that he showed as a junior, while improving his technique and carrying 30+ pounds more than a season ago, I'll be very surprised if he doesn't have at least a handful of Big 12 offers by the end of his senior season.

And a few snippets from Maximus's analysis on the Rivals board (based on seeing Lytle at CU's on-campus camp) -- 10/27/15:

• His size is legit at 6'7, 290 but what really makes me smile is that he still looks skinny.
  • Uses both hands and feet effectively, is very smart, and from what I saw in a couple hours at the camp, is a smart kid who learns things quickly.
  • He's got great length--nice long arms to control the edge and make contact with the defender before most defenders will be able to make contact with him.
  • His film is interesting and shows me a kid who is very raw in technique.
  • Like a lot of tall linemen he plays way too high right now
  • He has a false step off the snap of the ball in run blocking that puts him a half step behind everyone else right now

tl/dr version: he's long-armed, tall, athletic, smart, with good work ethic and good feet... young for his class (June birthday) and just started filling out to about 6'6.5" and 290 lbs without losing speed... needs to work on further developing his strength/power... has a gigantic frame that can easily take another 30 lbs... and he's very raw on technique.
Thanks. His offer list is obviously not too impressive; but the camp reviews sound great. I am excited to see him develop into another great CU left tackle

Regarding the punching, I sincerely hope he turns out like this guy.

turleyyi1.gif~c200

Got the obligatory 2* ratings from Rivals and 247s for committing to a P5 school.

with all this praise out of the camps his lack of offers is confusing. He seems to have it all. I am ready for an lineman who just wants to punch someone in the mouth!
lets just keep it to the filed, please!
Welcome the Buffs!

Back