What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'16 TX RB Patrick Taylor Jr. (Verbal to Memphis)

Can't be, we aren't allowed to have kids who are as tall as our opponents. Wasn't it Duff's thread talking about how we were shorter than the conference norm at virtually every position.

I agree with the earlier question, how does he not have a longer offer list. He is big enough, fast enough, and likes to hit people.

I wonder if he is another late developer who has grown 3-4 inches and put on 25 lbs in the last year.

Proof??? OurLads site says it ain't so. Buffs are average for Pac 12. South champ AZ is noticeably smaller than most!

I think this guy is going to be a major player for the Buffs. Might be are biggest under the radar recruit.

Does he play LB in High School? All of the highlights I've seen are just at RB. I truly hope they project him at ILB with his size and athleticism.

Does he play LB in High School? All of the highlights I've seen are just at RB. I truly hope they project him at ILB with his size and athleticism.
I haven't seen any indication that he currently plays LB, but Mac has mentioned in the past that he likes recruiting running backs because they are usually one of the better athletes on a high school team and they can be slotted into a number of positions. With his size, I've got to imagine they are excited by his prospects at LB (you hit a hole as a RB and you plug the same hole as a LB).

They might not even know exactly what to expect position-wise from him, just that his athleticism will help the team somewhere. Get him in here and see how his body grows.

I would be inclined to start him at RB, but not sure he would be properly utilized.

Articles in the Houston Chronicle this week, he will continue in the playoffs this Saturday at the Berry Center, good luck to them!!!!

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/spo...made-difference-for-Atascocita-in-6668879.php
http://www.chron.com/sports/highschool/article/High-school-athletes-of-the-week-Dec-2-6666095.php

Thanks for the info.

P.S. I know it's hard to hear some of the negative stuff on message boards (especially since we're usually wrong about what's going on with players/coaches/team). But with your boys it's pretty much unanimous that Sean has developed into one of the best TEs in the conference and that the OL was never the same after Jeromy (our best OL) went down. Basically, we love your boys.

They were eliminated tonight. I was at the game and have seen a few of their games this year. Patrick is a big downhill runner and that plays in an offense that throws the ball a lot. I did not see the game that he ran 40 times but I think he could put up those numbers every week.
Articles in the Houston Chronicle this week, he will continue in the playoffs this Saturday at the Berry Center, good luck to them!!!!

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/spo...made-difference-for-Atascocita-in-6668879.php
http://www.chron.com/sports/highschool/article/High-school-athletes-of-the-week-Dec-2-6666095.php[/QUO

They were eliminated tonight. I was at the game and have seen a few of their games this year. Patrick is a big downhill runner and that plays in an offense that throws the ball a lot. I did not see the game that he ran 40 times but I think he could put up those numbers every week.
How'd he do?

He scored on a goal line run and a hitch pass from inside the 10. I don't know about his speed but he's a big back that runs hard and works for every yard.

Watching Derrick Henry this past season makes me want this guy to stay at RB if what the folks who've seen him are saying is accurate. Even with our rotation at RB, giving him a spell every now and again with a smaller back could be beneficial. guy that size would wear a defense out, then hit 'em with Carr or adtkins when the defense is legless

Watching Derrick Henry this past season makes me want this guy to stay at RB if what the folks who've seen him are saying is accurate. Even with our rotation at RB, giving him a spell every now and again with a smaller back could be beneficial. guy that size would wear a defense out, then hit 'em with Carr or adtkins when the defense is legless
The only problem is that Henry is also one of the fastest players on the field at any given time to go along with his size. Henry is a freak.

IMO, the last thing this team needs is a more convoluted RB rotation. I like the idea of moving him to LB, like some have mentioned being a possibility. Adds the much needed size and athleticism to our biggest position of need.

Last edited:
Henry is a bit of a freak for his length, but there's still concerns (in my mind anyway) about his short-area quicks.

The last tall RB we took, we had to quickly try to make into a LB. He did not have the short-area quicks to be a RB and he didn't have the instincts to be a LB. Cordary Clark anyone?

I'm not saying that's the case here, but our staff better know.

I love seeing how high everyone is on Taylor.

What I've heard on him is that he's a 2* RB because he doesn't really have the quick flip of the hips you need there at this level. But he has great burst and hits like a truck, so he could be an absolute wrecking ball as an ILB. Just not enough defensive film on him to drive his rating up. I'm a fan of this recruit, though. I think he can be a lot like Michael Sipili on the field (hopefully not off the field).

Back