What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'17 CO ATH Dalton Keene (Verbal to Virginia Tech)

Internet Lore? Last staff offered but couldn't get traction.
He may have been determined to leave the state from the start but there were a number of Colorado kids who got offers but who the last staff didn't work very hard on, my sense is that he is one of them.

Didn't get traction because like in many cases they conceded without much effort.

He may have been determined to leave the state from the start but there were a number of Colorado kids who got offers but who the last staff didn't work very hard on, my sense is that he is one of them.

Didn't get traction because like in many cases they conceded without much effort.
My sense is you are guessing.

My sense is you are guessing.
In his case I am. I know though that on a lot of other players our coaches reduced the effort as soon as they had competition from other P5 schools.

I like Mike McIntyre. The reason for his lack of success in Boulder wasn't because he couldn't coach, it was because he and his staff didn't recruit at a level to win. It isn't a secret that they didn't compete effectively on kids getting attention from other schools instead taking easier guys with the idea that they could develop them. It didn't work.

Internet Lore? Last staff offered but couldn't get traction.
Adam said while we were recruiting him that the staff was worried about his skinnier shoulders and wanted him to switch positions in college. We also offered pretty late compared to the other schools.

Virginia Tech tight end Dalton Keene declares for the NFL

“I want to thank everyone that has helped me get to this point including Coach Fuente, Coach Shibest, and Coach Wiles, but most importantly my family and teammates who I could rely on. Something special is building in Blacksburg and I wish I could be a part of it but this is the best decision for me at this time. Lastly, thank you Hokie Nation for all of the love and support you have shown me over the last couple of years.”

Called It!

"The first time I saw Dalton Keene play football, I felt he could have a future in the NFL. Keene was in the same class as my son Liam and both were quarterbacks for the freshmen team at Chatfield High School in Littleton. While Liam played the “wildcat” quarterback (they called it “bull”), Dalton was the regular starter – and he was damn good."

"It didn’t take long for Keene to impress in college and work his way into the starting lineup. He played tight end for the Hokies, but he showed his trademark toughness as a blocker, runner and receiver out of the backfield (or from the slot or the in-line position)."

Cecil Lammey

Last edited:
Good for Dalton. Helps growth of CO prep football. But I do have trouble getting too excited for him since he didn't really give CU the time of day in recruiting. iirc, it was a good friend of his dad's on the VA Tech staff who made this pretty much a no-hoper for CU -- especially considering the state of our program at the time he was coming out of HS.

Back