What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'17 CO ILB Jonathan Van Diest (Signed to COLORADO)

Given the combine is happening right now thought this would be interesting.

He was a sophomore and would have placed in top 10 at his position in a bunch of combine drills.

Van BEAST indeed.

Wow. 39.5" vertical would put him at #11 in this year's combine for any positions.

As he continues to grow and add weight through college, these numbers will probably decline a bit, but he is clearly a physical freak.

Wow. 39.5" vertical would put him at #11 in this year's combine for any positions.

As he continues to grow and add weight through college, these numbers will probably decline a bit, but he is clearly a physical freak.
But Buffaholic said he doesn't look that fast so the stopwatch and our eyes must be lying.

But Buffaholic said he doesn't look that fast so the stopwatch and my eyes must be lying.
Yeah, I don't know what his 40 time is (doesn't really matter anyway), but his film is very explosive and you can absolutely see his burst, which is far more important at his position than his straight line speed.

Jon Van Diest is the future of Colorado football. Going to be an all-time great.

But Buffaholic said he doesn't look that fast so the stopwatch and our eyes must be lying.
No I didn't.

Yeah, I don't know what his 40 time is (doesn't really matter anyway), but his film is very explosive and you can absolutely see his burst, which is far more important at his position than his straight line speed.

What I said was he shows explosiveness but has no film of him playing LB. That's a position that requires instincts, short area quickness, agility, coverage skills, etc as compared to all the FILM on him. I don't give a rat's ass by the way about his 40 yard time. But that 20 yard Shuttle is really important and really good (albeit hand timed)!

I wasn't stating he wasn't good guys, I was stating that this kid would be offered by Michigan, Alabama, Ohio State, etc if they knew what he could do at LB. Those types of programs don't want to take any chances and don't want to "project" anything. Given this kids' film, short of them getting him in a camp and working with him, they'd have to project him at LB.

My biggest concern would be that those programs do find him, given he's supposed to move to LB this fall.

Wow. What the hell happened

(censored for family friendliness): He didn't get it eating pineapple.
wBkqDBC.jpg

2nd break of the same arm, which didn't heal properly the fist time. They didn't fool around with making sure it was right this time.

Back