What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'17 CO QB Dylan McCaffrey (Verbal to Michigan)

Burrow transferred because it was clear Haskins was the guy going forward.

Mayfield left because of wild mismanagement of the position by Kliff, plus a guy named Pat Mahomes was on his way...or red shirting. Can't remember.
Not that it's really all that germane to the discussion here, but I'm pretty sure Baker Mayfield wasn't concerned about some 3 star QB prospect incoming.

Davis Webb (remember him?) left TT because they indicated they were going with Mahomes for Webb's senior season.

How much eligibility does he have left?
His Michigan profile says Freshman was 2017, Sophomore 2018, Junior 2019 and this year Senior. It doesn't say he appeared in any games in 2017, but also doesn't say he RS. I assume he did, though, and has used 2 years of eligibility so far, so would have 2 years left, which obviously wouldn't include this year.

I don't think that's correct. Been in college 3 years (17,18, 19) and appeared in two seasons.
I thought his freshman year was 18 and he redshirted that year. Looks like I was way off as the Michigan site lists him as a senior.

I thought his freshman year was 18 and he redshirted that year. Looks like I was way off as the Michigan site lists him as a senior.
Which is also deceiving because I'm pretty sure he RS in 2017, was a RS Freshman in 2018, Sophomore in 2019, technically no eligibility used in 2020, so 2021 he'd be a Junior in terms of eligibility.

Which is also deceiving because I'm pretty sure he RS in 2017, was a RS Freshman in 2018, Sophomore in 2019, technically no eligibility used in 2020, so 2021 he'd be a Junior in terms of eligibility.
Yeah, their site sucks as it is essentially saying he played in 2017, which isn't right.

Maybe they do it like Notre Dame does with calling people by their class rather than eligibility for 4 years, then deciding after that time if they can or want to offer a 5th year?

who/what do we blame for this ?
Covid ? Midnight Mel ? Coach Chev ? KD ?

Likely all. I just think if my dumb butt could see this train wreck coming then everyone in the staff could see this coming as well. It seems like everyone has pinned their hopes on Lewis coming in as a true freshman and picking everything up. Even in an ideal year that is a big gamble. COVID likely accentuated that gamble even further by disrupting Spring/Fall ball. To people who are against getting an upper classmen transfer though tell me what you are seeing, or hand me over what you are smoking. Looks like a slow motion train wreck to me and the season has not even started.

Last edited:
Likely all. I just think if my dumb butt could see this train wreck coming that everyone in the staff could see this coming as well. It seems like everyone has pinned their hopes on Lewis coming in and as a true freshman and picking everything up. Even in an ideal year that is a big gamble. COVID likely accentuated that gamble even further by disrupting Spring/Fall ball. To people who are against getting an upper classmen transfer though tell me what you are seeing, or hand me over what you are smoking. Looks like a slow motion train wreck to me and the season has not even started.
I have bellyached and complained enough....I am waiting to see how it goes now. I am not optimistic.

Likely all. I just think if my dumb butt could see this train wreck coming then everyone in the staff could see this coming as well. It seems like everyone has pinned their hopes on Lewis coming in as a true freshman and picking everything up. Even in an ideal year that is a big gamble. COVID likely accentuated that gamble even further by disrupting Spring/Fall ball. To people who are against getting an upper classmen transfer though tell me what you are seeing, or hand me over what you are smoking. Looks like a slow motion train wreck to me and the season has not even started.
I don't know of anyone on this site that pinned their hopes on Lewis being the guy from day one. In fact, most wanted a grad transfer as the issues at the position were obvious once Montez graduated.

Chandler and Karl Dorrell are recent followers

giphy.gif

I don't know of anyone on this site that pinned their hopes on Lewis being the guy from day one. In fact, most wanted a grad transfer as the issues at the position were obvious once Montez graduated.
No. Plenty did. And yet, none of us know if Lewis is a bidding superstar ór a waste of a scholly.

Back