What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'17 CO S Christian Cumber (Verbal to CSU)

Is there a position where CU wasn't producing All-Americans and national award winners or finalists? It's all on the Rise back to what it was.

Was Hagan an AA? Other than Hagan and Stewart we have seemed to never have standout QBs.

Every other position we had multiples of guy who got national recognition and high draft choices. Even with that though Cabral was turning out LBs at an amazing pace into the league.

Was Hagan an AA? Other than Hagan and Stewart we have seemed to never have standout QBs.

Every other position we had multiples of guy who got national recognition and high draft choices. Even with that though Cabral was turning out LBs at an amazing pace into the league.

QB probably lightest.

Kordell was a 2nd team AA.
Hagan got some AA honors and finished 5th in Heisman voting.
Anderson was a 1st team AA, but not sure if as QB or RB (not much difference back then anyway).

List is a lot longer if we're talking all-conference lists, but not too many who had a national name. Klatt and Detmer, a bit. Klatt was on his way but really wasn't ever the same after the shoulder injury.

Cumber would have more offers in a more visible state because he can play. Maybe we can convince him to stay home late in the game.

I know the Mullen guys previously said they wanted to see how the Buffs were looking this season before giving CU serious consideration. Hopefully a solid start to the season, particularly by the defense, can cause Cumber to give us another look.

He has the Mich State offer pinned on his Twitter. I think he's being respectful of other programs extending offers, but barring a miracle, I think he's all MSU.

I will be at the Wisconsin game to hopefully see them crush Nebraska. If I see him I will encourage him to stay home.

Do you think the offer from the Lambs was his best "full offer", i.e. not having to greyshirt, or whatever. I mean the offer list looks decent, would love to keep the instate kids on board, but we have much better players than he already.

Do you think the offer from the Lambs was his best "full offer", i.e. not having to greyshirt, or whatever. I mean the offer list looks decent, would love to keep the instate kids on board, but we have much better players than he already.

He could have committed to CU early, but CU moved on. Reports are that the B1G offers were no longer committable. I think CSU had an excellent recruit fall into its lap.

He could have committed to CU early, but CU moved on. Reports are that the B1G offers were no longer committable. I think CSU had an excellent recruit fall into its lap.
Yep, unfortunately it looks like waiting for the best offer hurt him. I wish him the best.

Would rather he went to Wyoming. This is a kid who could help get CSU pumped to play on September 1st every year.

Would rather he went to Wyoming. This is a kid who could help get CSU pumped to play on September 1st every year.
Every year except his senior year.

Would've been nice to see him in B&G, but somewhat glad he's playing instate.That means something in this state. Best of luck other than that one day a year....

In his 3rd year at CSU, and listed #3 at a safety position, behind a 2nd year guy named Brinnon. That's not what Rammies had in mind when they thought they got a kid flipped to them from Michigan State, who they were sure CU wanted badly!

Safety is a position that their beat-writer singled out as most thin... Wonder what's holding him back?

In his 3rd year at CSU, and listed #3 at a safety position, behind a 2nd year guy named Brinnon. That's not what Rammies had in mind when they thought they got a kid flipped to them from Michigan State, who they were sure CU wanted badly!

Safety is a position that their beat-writer singled out as most thin[insert punctuation here] Wonder what's holding him back?
Talent. Remember, their "stud" receiver, Warren Jackson is a guy CU passed on as well.

Hard to be 6'6" and 220 and not be. Relatively fast too.

I get it, but I look at our depth chart and think he’s easily in the middle of the pack as it stands today. If you’re comparing where he was as a first/second year player compared to our first and second year wideouts, I don’t think he’d compare super favorably. It’ll be interesting to see how he fares Friday.

Back