What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'17 CO SG Justinian Jessup (Verbal to Boise State)

The biggest knock on Durant & Curry in the draft was they needed to get stronger. It's the weakest knock on a player regardless of caliber. I have no stake in Jessup being a Buff or not but you need to keep that hot trash to yourself & not make us look like clueless aholes

The biggest knock on Durant & Curry in the draft was they needed to get stronger. It's the weakest knock on a player regardless of caliber. I have no stake in Jessup being a Buff or not but you need to keep that hot trash to yourself & not make us look like clueless aholes

Durant was picked 2nd and Curry was picked 7th. Don't think this relates. It's like saying the biggest knock on Manning was arm strength.

Last edited:
Then sign him! Bring him to Boulder and let him compete...... I just don't believe that he's that caliber of player. I could be wrong! He could be the next Larry Bird...... But I'm confident after watching him play that he's not the chosen one.

I think the recruiting focus needs to be on bigs!

JMHO, but I don't think you're going to have to worry about Jessup taking a roster spot at CU.

Durant was picked 2nd and Curry was picked 7th. Don't think this relates. It's like saying the biggest knock on Manning was arm strength.

They both would've been picked higher if not for the knock on their strength. It's the weakest critique on a young athlete regardless of NBA or D1. And PFM used to have a rocket arm, you can't be serious.

Then sign him! Bring him to Boulder and let him compete...... I just don't believe that he's that caliber of player. I could be wrong! He could be the next Larry Bird...... But I'm confident after watching him play that he's not the chosen one.

I think the recruiting focus needs to be on bigs!

Meanwhile, in reality world, it's a guard dominated college game....

They both would've been picked higher if not for the knock on their strength. It's the weakest critique on a young athlete regardless of NBA or D1. And PFM used to have a rocket arm, you can't be serious.

So if Curry was 20 lbs bigger, but still coming out of Davidson, he would have been picked higher? Doubt it. There was also no way anyone was going to overtake Greg Oden for the number 1 pick in 07. And the biggest knock against Manning was his Athleticism/Arm Strength. Why do you think Ryan Leaf was almost picked #1?

It's not the weakest critique because of the risk of injury. Sure there are guys that make it that are less physically developed, but they are outliers.

You in fact just made the point in the other direction. The fact that perhaps the greatest QB in NFL history was almost taken after the biggest bust in NFL history.

Ryan Leaf was drafted 2nd despite lacking:

-character
-interlligence
-decision making ability
-ability to handle pressure

If Justinian is 20 lbs from being a big impact player, that's the one thing that's pretty fixable in most cases. The others? Pretty much never.

This is not how to make your argument.

For the record, my concerns with a player coming out of Longmont would be does he have the athleticism needed to play at a top level?
Hard to judge in the level he has played. Tad and others have a good read on everything else including what did in Ryan Leaf.

My point was that you cannot use 2 of the greatest players in the NBA right now as an argument that physical strength is an overrated critique of a player.

I likened it to saying "It's ok to recruit a quarterback with a mediocre arm because Peyton Manning had a mediocre arm". You can use outliers to support really any argument. My point is saying it's not the norm.

I hope he ends up have a great college career. Wouldn't mind if he becomes a Buff but not going to be broken up if he doesn't.

Physical strength is an issue but as others have pointed out can be overcome. He also has some question marks about level of HS competition.

If he becomes a top flight college player it will be because he develops into one. As we have seen with XT the PAC isn't a very good environment to develop in. Schools like Davidson, Boise, Gonzaga, etc. have an advantage in that regard because while they play some quality opponents they also play a number of league games against teams with lesser athletic talent, an opportunity to develop without being overwhelmed.

I hope he ends up have a great college career. Wouldn't mind if he becomes a Buff but not going to be broken up if he doesn't.

Physical strength is an issue but as others have pointed out can be overcome. He also has some question marks about level of HS competition.

If he becomes a top flight college player it will be because he develops into one. As we have seen with XT the PAC isn't a very good environment to develop in. Schools like Davidson, Boise, Gonzaga, etc. have an advantage in that regard because while they play some quality opponents they also play a number of league games against teams with lesser athletic talent, an opportunity to develop without being overwhelmed.

Im pretty sure he has played against some very good talent on the AAU circuit this past year and done very well, better than expected.

Im pretty sure he has played against some very good talent on the AAU circuit this past year and done very well, better than expected.

No doubt. He has come from a virtual unknown to getting some quality interest and offers. That said XT did the same thing in HS.

As I said I wouldn't mind if Jessup ends up at CU, he's got a chance to be a pretty decent college player. I just don't think that he is or will be good enough that I'd get broken up if he went elsewhere.

If the 17 offer becomes a 16 offer, things might change. Right now, J has enough other options that a year in prep school just isn't going to happen.

Who does he favor at this point in time?

The impression I get is that he's leaning towards Boise but likes the Davidson offer because it's a very good school. Keep in mind he grew up in Alaska, so weather isn't going to scare him.

The offer has been changed. It's now a '16 offer.

Not sure if this changes his mind or not. It certainly gives him something to think about. CU was out of the picture with the '17 offer.

Adam is wrong on that last tweet. Justinian may be deciding between Boise and Davidson next week, but the CU offer is now a '16 offer.

Adam is wrong on that last tweet. Justinian may be deciding between Boise and Davidson next week, but the CU offer is now a '16 offer.

Well, his post followed him speaking to Jessup this evening.

It could be that Justinian doesn't want to come to CU and is telling Adam that in order to have a convenient excuse for going elsewhere. He has a '16 offer.

You can choose to believe me, or you can choose not to. It doesn't make a bit of difference to me. I'm telling you he has a '16 offer at CU.

I personally think we should be concerned that a guy who has offers at Boise, Davidson, Northern Iowa and CU and who lives in Boulder County is choosing between Davidson and Boise.

You can choose to believe me, or you can choose not to. It doesn't make a bit of difference to me. I'm telling you he has a '16 offer at CU.

I personally think we should be concerned that a guy who has offers at Boise, Davidson, Northern Iowa and CU and who lives in Boulder County is choosing between Davidson and Boise.

What kind of 16 offer does he have? One that doesn't allow him to commit until the spring?

I genuinely hope that he has a terrific career at either of those schools. Seems like a good kid.

Back