What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'17 JC CB Jalin Burrell (Signed to New Mexico)

If he graduated from JC this spring, I am confused as to why he wouldn't join the team this fall? Haiku deficiencies aside.

If he graduated from JC this spring, I am confused as to why he wouldn't join the team this fall? Haiku deficiencies aside.
Limited scholarships left and probably needs to get all paperwork in. My guess is they are keeping a slot open for a QB transfer or they just don't have the one they had thought they would from Davis Webb. Etc.

Love that he referenced Chido in the interview! Definitely seems like he could fill that role and the coaches did a good job of showing him some examples of what they think he can do for us. An exciting and important prospect for next year's class.

From the article: "Burrell is taking nine credit units at Moorpark College this summer, and he will take another course in the fall before obtaining his AA degree in December. Burrell is on pace to transfer to Colorado next spring, and if he redshirts this fall as expected, he will have two years to play two with the Buffaloes."

From the article: "Burrell is taking nine credit units at Moorpark College this summer, and he will take another course in the fall before obtaining his AA degree in December. Burrell is on pace to transfer to Colorado next spring, and if he redshirts this fall as expected, he will have two years to play two with the Buffaloes."

So either he wasn't on track to graduate in May as projected or maybe he got caught up in those new NCAA requirements on JC transfers to D1. Either way, it explains the delay.

xT9DPDp0PNRFbuqqli.gif

So either he wasn't on track to graduate in May as projected or maybe he got caught up in those new NCAA requirements on JC transfers to D1. Either way, it explains the delay.

Seems like it. Would have been nice to have him with the team all fall, but having him in spring will be a boost to help backfill some losses. Kid looks like he has some good upside. Welcome to the BNG Jalin!

No longer listed as a CU commit on the Scout commitment list and does not show a CU commitment any more on his twitter.

JUCO transfers still like unicorns as far as getting into CU. Wish the kid well

Not really... Jordan Carrell, Leo Jackson, Ahkello Witherspoon, Juwann Winfree, Drew Lewis, Kabion Ento, Afolabi Laguda, Kyle Trego, Sully Wiefels (and Shamar Hamilton should qualify to transfer in January with no problem)

There was a plan in place to get Burrell qualified to join the Buffs but unfortunately it just didn't pan out.

Wonder what the deal is with this kid. Was listed as a May 2016 graduate, with 3 to play 2. Then was committed to join us here in January, which would have meant 2 to play 2 (would have sat out this fall just going to school I assume). Is the kid going to get somewhere this January? Showing no visits.... Hate to see this.

Back