What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'17 NV DT Greg Rogers (Verbal to UCLA)

OKAY THERISEISREAL

edge-wwe.gif

Reading up on Rogers on the UCLA/USC Scout sites. Sounds like he almost committed to UCLA and almost shut it down, but then he visited USC the next day and the Trojans jumped to the front. Thought this was interesting ...
"Many close to the situation think Rogers favors whichever school he had contact with last. "
Article also says it will be a seesaw until signing day.

Reading up on Rogers on the UCLA/USC Scout sites. Sounds like he almost committed to UCLA and almost shut it down, but then he visited USC the next day and the Trojans jumped to the front. Thought this was interesting ...
"Many close to the situation think Rogers favors whichever school he had contact with last. "
Article also says it will be a seesaw until signing day.
Not encouraging. I thought we had a really good shot at him. Guess not.

Based on his twitter activity we are still very much in this. Need to get on his OV list though.
Pretty sure the "aw, shucks" sandbagging method is DBT's greatest contribution - seems like we've landed a couple top recruits after he used it in the past.

I agree with your impression that the Buffs are still in the mix.

Pretty sure the "aw, shucks" sandbagging method is DBT's greatest contribution - seems like we've landed a couple top recruits after he used it in the past.

I agree with your impression that the Buffs are still in the mix.
It's called the "reverse jinx." Get it right!

Oh holy smokes, didn't even realize he dropped Michigan. That was unexpected. It seems like he still gets a lot of love from them.

Oh holy smokes, didn't even realize he dropped Michigan. That was unexpected. It seems like he still gets a lot of love from them.

Can't put my finger on it but I think he is looking for something different than Michigan offers. He seems like a pretty aware young man, Michigan can show him a lot of love but he can see that once he gets there he will be just another guy in the system. At a school like CU he has a chance to do something special.

Perfect. Let Usc/ucla play a tug of war with the guy then have a black and gold knight (not talking service academy) swoop in and take the young man late in the game.

You need a man on a buffalo

Can't put my finger on it but I think he is looking for something different than Michigan offers. He seems like a pretty aware young man, Michigan can show him a lot of love but he can see that once he gets there he will be just another guy in the system. At a school like CU he has a chance to do something special.
How is Michigan any different than USC and Oklahoma?

How is Michigan any different than USC and Oklahoma?

Pretty similar except as @jsmilkst states Michigan has much worse weather.

USC and Oklahoma are both football factories as well but I think that at Michigan it is all about Harbaugh right now, OU is Stoops show but not as loudly. At SC a kid can actually be a student at least part time if he wants to.

Pretty similar except as @jsmilkst states Michigan has much worse weather.

USC and Oklahoma are both football factories as well but I think that at Michigan it is all about Harbaugh right now, OU is Stoops show but not as loudly. At SC a kid can actually be a student at least part time if he wants to.
What are you talking about? Mich, SC and OU are all the same when it comes to the context you were originally referring to (Rogers just being another guy in the system). Your original point is valid, but needed to include SC and OU the same way you mentioned Michigan. Rogers would be THE guy on defense at CU, probably from day one.

What are you talking about? Mich, SC and OU are all the same when it comes to the context you were originally referring to (Rogers just being another guy in the system). Your original point is valid, but needed to include SC and OU the same way you mentioned Michigan. Rogers would be THE guy on defense at CU, probably from day one.

Don't disagree with this at all. Just think that the Harbaugh factor adds to it at Michigan. Not only are you just another guy there but the coach is the star even when you do well.

I think Rodgers is eventually going to be THE guy on defense no matter where he goes but at CU he would get that opportunity much faster. He would also get the satisfaction of being part of the group that turns a program around.

Being a centerpiece to returning a top 25 all time program back to prominence is not a ****ty recruiting pitch. Telling a 4*, highly sought after recruit that he'll be a JAG at a blue blood program, is, however.

Yes. Too many fans think the latter is actually effective though. It comes up every year.

Yes. Too many fans think the latter is actually effective though. It comes up every year.
Well, it's a logical sentiment but just doesn't apply to a recruit of Roger's caliber. The coaches know who they're pitching to in Rogers. He's a valued recruit at all 5 programs.

Back