What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'17 NV QB Tate Martell (Verbal to Ohio State)

Oh well, now we need Lytle for sure and hopefully one other. Our depth is not too bueno at the position.

Maybe with our new Nike contract, they'll throw in one of their quarterbacks? Oh, and maybe a nice power forward.

QBs commit early. If this guy were to string it out or change his commitment late in the process, it would wreak havoc.

Considering he has decommitted twice and in a recent interview stated he would take all his official visits before deciding I don't think this means much. I don't believe anything with this kid until he signs his letter of intent and faxes it over. Even if he does end up at Ohio St I don't think CU is in trouble here. CU is still the favorites to get Lytle and that kid can play. He throws a very accurate ball and it really jumps out of his hand. He's big, athletic and seems like a highly intelligent and mature kid. I just hope if Tate doesn't come here that it won't effect the decisions of Bubba Bolden and Alex Perry.

Why would we pay for an official visit if someone had committed elsewhere? Is he doing visits in his own dime? The only reason I can think we'd allow an official visit, well, two reasons I guess, would be if he tells us there is still a chance or so that he can tell other recruits how awesome we are.

Why would we pay for an official visit if someone had committed elsewhere? Is he doing visits in his own dime? The only reason I can think we'd allow an official visit, well, two reasons I guess, would be if he tells us there is still a chance or so that he can tell other recruits how awesome we are.

If he wants to visit, you pay for him to visit. You get him out here, because there is still a small chance you can change his mind.

Even if you know there's no chance of flipping him, there are plenty of reasons to bring him out here. Maybe he tweets about us while he's here and goes back to Gorman and tells others how awesome Boulder and our facilities are. It's good PR all around having a top 5 national QB recruit, at the best program in the country, spend one of his 5 official visits at CU. Besides, what does it really cost to fly him and his mom and dad out here and put them up in a hotel for a weekend? $1500 maybe?

Even if you know there's no chance of flipping him, there are plenty of reasons to bring him out here. Maybe he tweets about us while he's here and goes back to Gorman and tells others how awesome Boulder and our facilities are. It's good PR all around having a top 5 national QB recruit, at the best program in the country, spend one of his 5 official visits at CU. Besides, what does it really cost to fly him and his mom and dad out here and put them up in a hotel for a weekend? $1500 maybe?

Yep. Let's not forget all the guys in both the 2017 and the 2018 classes that CU is recruiting from Las Vegas. Plus, Tate seems like a very mature kid who wouldn't come on a visit under false pretenses. The risk of an OV is that the guy might recruit against you for another program while he's visiting. I don't see that as something Tate would do if he decided to come.

Yep. Let's not forget all the guys in both the 2017 and the 2018 classes that CU is recruiting from Las Vegas. Plus, Tate seems like a very mature kid who wouldn't come on a visit under false pretenses. The risk of an OV is that the guy might recruit against you for another program while he's visiting. I don't see that as something Tate would do if he decided to come.
Had Tate committed to Cal or UCLA, I would say this is a valid concern, but do we really have to worry about Tate recruiting against CU for Ohio State, or does Urban Meyer and Ohio State already kind of have that covered?

Had Tate committed to Cal or UCLA, I would say this is a valid concern, but do we really have to worry about Tate recruiting against CU for Ohio State, or does Urban Meyer and Ohio State already kind of have that covered?

One thing I wouldn't do is have Tate and Moretti OV on the same weekend if there were going to be any other recruits at CU who were being recruited by OSU. That's just common sense, I think. But, yeah, CU and OSU don't often fish in the same ponds although we're seeing it a bit more now that CU is active in Florida.

One thing I wouldn't do is have Tate and Moretti OV on the same weekend if there were going to be any other recruits at CU who were being recruited by OSU. That's just common sense, I think. But, yeah, CU and OSU don't often fish in the same ponds although we're seeing it a bit more now that CU is active in Florida.
Agreed.

I sat up all damned night looking at the computer screen and nothing happened. When is it going to happen?

I mean I don't want to say BuffBronco is wrong but unless the name BuffBronco means he's Klayton Adams (Former Boise State Bronco) and he's decided to give us an under the table hint, I'd be extremely surprised if anything were to happen here. This kid is about as committed as it gets to a school, he already recruited Lindsay there, and he's all OSU on twitter, so he's basically Davis Webb level committed.... wait.

I sat up all damned night looking at the computer screen and nothing happened. When is it going to happen?
tumblr_lgzakke96w1qza49co1_1280.png

I mean I don't want to say BuffBronco is wrong but unless the name BuffBronco means he's Klayton Adams (Former Boise State Bronco) and he's decided to give us an under the table hint, I'd be extremely surprised if anything were to happen here. This kid is about as committed as it gets to a school, he already recruited Lindsay there, and he's all OSU on twitter, so he's basically Davis Webb level committed.... wait.
That was before we got those two top 25 votes...that changes everything.

Back