What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'17 TX DE James Lynch (Verbal to Baylor)

Are kids so out of touch with what went on/is going on at ****bailer that they don't think it's a big deal, and therefore are still wanting to go there?
Or they recognize that nothing bad ever really happens to these programs. Penn State won the Big 10 this year.

Or they recognize that nothing bad ever really happens to these programs. Penn State won the Big 10 this year.
Shouldn't it be about wanting to be part of a program that allows this to happen w/o consequences, rather than eventual punishment.

To be cynical (and I'm not suggesting that this is the case with this particular recruit), it is pretty easy to see why that if you are even mildly concerned about your kid getting into trouble -- as many parents probably are -- that you might like the idea of them going to a program that "has his back no matter what", even though a closer look would suggest that Baylor is a lot more interested in covering its own ass and winning games than it is in giving a **** about its football players.

To be cynical (and I'm not suggesting that this is the case with this particular recruit), it is pretty easy to see why that if you are even mildly concerned about your kid getting into trouble -- as many parents probably are -- that you might like the idea of them going to a program that "has his back no matter what", even though a closer look would suggest that Baylor is a lot more interested in covering its own ass and winning games than it is in giving a **** about its football players.
I think those parents have deeper problems if that's how they think.

**** Baylor has a pretty long history of covering up some shocking behavior by their athletes, including murder, then the athletes go to jail for 20 years or life. So, having his back no matter what hasn't seemed to work yet. They should definitely keep trying, though . . .

**** Baylor has a pretty long history of covering up some shocking behavior by their athletes, including murder, then the athletes go to jail for 20 years or life. So, having his back no matter what hasn't seemed to work yet. They should definitely keep trying, though . . .
Pretty frustrating when you consider our program was destroyed, in part, by a non-event (lots of administrative incompetency helped) and programs like ****bailer and ped state just keep on keeping on with barely a blip. Of course, the difference is an administration that puts a premium on winning, which CU did not have. We were more interested in self flagellation, I guess.

You guys didn't really think bailer would end up with a two person class, did you?

You guys didn't really think bailer would end up with a two person class, did you?
No, but I figured it would be filled with a bunch of 2* and 3* kids with really no other P5 offers. Was really hoping/expecting they would be CU of the past decade.

I will say this though. It is hard to pull Texas kids out of Texas. Sometimes playing in a "football" state or in front of their family trumps all.

I will say this though. It is hard to pull Texas kids out of Texas. Sometimes playing in a "football" state or in front of their family trumps all.
I didn't have any trouble leaving, haha. What did Mac Davis say? "Happiness is Lubbock in the rear view mirror." I guess I should admit that Mac also ended up missing it and returned. "Happiness is Lubbock, Texas growing nearer and dearer."

I didn't have any trouble leaving, haha. What did Mac Davis say? "Happiness is Lubbock in the rear view mirror." I guess I should admit that Mac also ended up missing it and returned. "Happiness is Lubbock, Texas growing nearer and dearer."
Dude, Lubbock? I kid - I left almost 30 years ago and same thing, best move of my life. I go back for visits now and just think "WTF is wrong with these people??

Dude, Lubbock? I kid - I left almost 30 years ago and same thing, best move of my life. I go back for visits now and just think "WTF is wrong with these people??
You either get out young or your stuck there forever. And ever.

I'm sure you didnt, I know why too lol.

We are dishing on Lubbock as a joke. Wait till this kid gets to **** waco, that place truly sucks.

I think it also goes to show how "cool" Briles made Baylor. High school kids don't read and interact with this stuff the way we do.

A family friend is still in high school. I've made him a casual Buffs fan. I'll never forget the scoff and face he made when I told him the week of the Oregon game to watch for us to "upset" them. "Oregon?! Like Oregon Ducks not the other Oregon school you were telling me about? You really think we could beat them?"

Husker family, so no surprise that he wouldn't see Waco as a ****hole. Lincoln is his benchmark.
Yup, I've seen a lot of bailer & aTm stuff on kids around town with parents that I'm 90+% sure did not attend those institutions.

I think it also goes to show how "cool" Briles made Baylor. High school kids don't read and interact with this stuff the way we do.

A family friend is still in high school. I've made him a casual Buffs fan. I'll never forget the scoff and face he made when I told him the week of the Oregon game to watch for us to "upset" them. "Oregon?! Like Oregon Ducks not the other Oregon school you were telling me about? You really think we could beat them?"
Agreed. I actually spoke with a couple avid college football fans last summer, and they hadn't heard anything about the Baylor stuff. Honestly, for how bad that situation is in reality, they've done a phenomenal job at basically sweeping it under the rug and not drawing attention to it. Guess that's what happens when you're located in Texas and football is everything.

Back