What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'17 TX OT Grant Polley (Signed to COLORADO)

Is there a conspiracy at AllBuffs to constantly keep everyone in a state of panic or are we really just that snake bit?

Is there a conspiracy at AllBuffs to constantly keep everyone in a state of panic or are we really just that snake bit?

I haven't seen anything to suggest that CU's got worse luck than other programs. I've seen things where bad administrators and coaches have been unable to get out of their own way. But that's the reason for any issues. Every single program, this place has so much going for it that when run with competence without anything special happening every team and recruiting class is Top 30 every year.

Specific to the question, we'll probably lose a couple late and gain a couple late. That happens every year in every program.

I haven't seen anything to suggest that CU's got worse luck than other programs. I've seen things where bad administrators and coaches have been unable to get out of their own way. But that's the reason for any issues. Every single program, this place has so much going for it that when run with competence without anything special happening every team and recruiting class is Top 30 every year.

Specific to the question, we'll probably lose a couple late and gain a couple late. That happens every year in every program.

well this guy is one we dont need to lose!

Sure. And I don't expect to. Last I saw he re-confirmed his commitment when interviewed.

Me either and that's my point. Buff fans worked hard for him to get a nice opportunity and I think he will stick with his word. And if he goes in the end, the rise will continue without him.

Me too. It looks to be the best linemen haul since Vic Rogers and Andre Gurode
I was going to make that comparison with Newman and Polley, until I realized I didn't want to slight the highest rated OL recruit in this class (Moretti) or Sherman. Adams, Chev and MM did work this class.

If Colorado brings in another strong OL class next year and continues bringing in top receivers this offense is going to be scary good. I don't recall the last time I've been this excited about the OL and the offensive potential overall. Quarterbacks are going to want to come here and sling it.

Polley playing LT looking as strong as anybody out on the field for team highlight. He hits a guy with his hands and they just stop in their tracks. Also gets great movement off LOS in the run game. He needs to keep his feet moving though.

After seeing thr fact that UW was starting a 6"1" 270 lb freshman at guard yesterday, Im starting to think the three Texas kids could play early.

After seeing thr fact that UW was starting a 6"1" 270 lb freshman at guard yesterday, Im starting to think the three Texas kids could play early.
Yeah he got his ass whipped all night too. They had to give him help. I don't have much doubt the young DeSoto guys can play very early.

Ohio State had a freshman guard playing in their line as well against Clemson. He was getting beat but not as bad as the upperclassman who replaced him when he got hurt.

Polley's twitter is all about CU. His background image, likes, etc. There isn't a trend toward another school with new follows or anything.

They are too much....

Hey, when you can't beat a team on the field all you can really do is offer double salary to a couple of your assistants and then offer all of your recruits. Don't blame them for trying, but they're really starting to look desperate.

If I were Oregon, I'd be offering everyone committed to Cal. Hell, I'd offer everyone committed to SDSU, Boise St and Oregon St.

Fans from any school would be feeling the same. It increases with CU fans because of 10 years of bad football and the one year they break through, CU needs a daddy warbucks

There is the NBCC.
No idea what this group's take is on our DC staffing situation over the last month.

Also - no idea who are the bigger cigars on the Director's Circle.

I probably should to pay closer attention during those recognition ceremonies in between quarters and at the half.

Back