What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'17 TX WR K.D. Nixon (Signed to COLORADO)

1c2o2r.jpg

"Nixon said he could commit if he likes the visit.

“I have to wait and talk to my coaches first,” Nixon said.

He said his ‘best friend’ since elementary school, slot receiver Jaylon Jackson (Cedar Hill, Tex.) is a Buffaloes commit.

"Nixon, a former Tennessee pledge, said he hopes to also officially visit Arizona State and Houston before making his next verbal commit this winter."

http://colorado.247sports.com/Bolt/Four-star-slot-big-on-three-programs--48148622

Kind of contradicting comments, but hopeful we can lock him down before taking more visits.

"Nixon said he could commit if he likes the visit.

“I have to wait and talk to my coaches first,” Nixon said.

He said his ‘best friend’ since elementary school, slot receiver Jaylon Jackson (Cedar Hill, Tex.) is a Buffaloes commit.

"Nixon, a former Tennessee pledge, said he hopes to also officially visit Arizona State and Houston before making his next verbal commit this winter."

http://colorado.247sports.com/Bolt/Four-star-slot-big-on-three-programs--48148622

Kind of contradicting comments, but hopeful we can lock him down before taking more visits.

Wonder why he would need to talk with his coach considering we already have a commit from DeSoto?

Either way I think he becomes a Buff.

Wonder why he would need to talk with his coach considering we already have a commit from DeSoto?

Either way I think he becomes a Buff.
Each kid is different. Some are better fits at different places. Some don't ask their HS coach for their opinion.

Could really solidify this class at RB and WR. Hope he pulls the trigger after the visit, like our chances.

I would think so. The remaining scholarships need to be dedicated to defense and BPA types.
Could see a little attrition at RB this year though. Bish to LB, Adkins moving on, haven't seen much from Gordon since he has been here. Losing Lindsay and Lee after 2017 will leave it very low on numbers.

Nixon and Fontenot in the same backfield would be incredibly dangerous.
I just didn't know if people expect Nixon to be more of a RB or slot WR. I guess he's more of a Donovan Lee type, but we have barely used Lee this year. If the kind of attrition at RB occurs that onealcd speculates, I feel like they're going to need more than Fontenot and a hybrid-type in Nixon.

I just didn't know if people expect Nixon to be more of a RB or slot WR. I guess he's more of a Donovan Lee type, but we have barely used Lee this year. If the kind of attrition at RB occurs that onealcd speculates, I feel like they're going to need more than Fontenot and a hybrid-type in Nixon.
Nixon has a lot better top end speed than Lee IMO.

WR and RB screens and crossing routes from the slot all day. Get him the ball with space to make moves.

If he commits, I'd still like to see another rb commit. He's definitely gonna move around. Big back to do the dirty work is what I'm getting at. That said, KD would be a hell of an addition to CU. Defense should definitely be the focus other than that.

No defense of that staff, but Polk was the only RB commit up until about a week before signing day.

Stewart committed before NSD and then Scott went all the way to NY to choose the Buffs cap on NSD.

Polk also played db in HS so it wasn't really a stretch for him to move to D.

Polk also arguably was a better DB than RB. He was a gifted athlete but a number of schools saw him as a DB.

He was also a tough guy. He played his senior year with a collection of injuries. If I recall correctly he had a cracked sternum and kept playing with it as well as a bad knee. In the long run the injuries may have played a significant part in him not getting a solid shot at the league.

Finishing up my interview with DeSoto head coach Todd Peterman. I'll post a link when it's live. Here's what he had to say about K.D. Nixon.

“He’s simply explosive. We play him at receiver, put him in at running back as well, kind of a do-all kid for us. We use a GPS on our kids; he hit 25.3 miles per hour in one of our games. He’s an incredible kickoff, punt return player. He can make an immediate impact there. He’s compact and strong, very explosive.”

Finishing up my interview with DeSoto head coach Todd Peterman. I'll post a link when it's live. Here's what he had to say about K.D. Nixon.

“He’s simply explosive. We play him at receiver, put him in at running back as well, kind of a do-all kid for us. We use a GPS on our kids; he hit 25.3 miles per hour in one of our games. He’s an incredible kickoff, punt return player. He can make an immediate impact there. He’s compact and strong, very explosive.”
Um, what? Isn't Usain Bolt at 27? That is really, really ridiculously fast!

Holy ****.

He sounds like a player the other team would always have to account for on every play. Having guys like that is huge. Who was our last player with that kind of impact?

Back