What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'17 TX WR K.D. Nixon (Signed to COLORADO)

Makes for an interesting WR room next year Arias Bell Stanley going in? One of the freshmen will get some run.

Hope he gets drafted. He kinda had a mixed year, due to Brown's emergence, Viska's injuries keeping defenses from shifting away from KD as much, and of course Montez's multiple ****ty games.

I doubt he gets invited to the combine, but I could be wrong. He should benefit from a lot of attention being paid to CU's pro day, so hopefully he'll make an impression there.

Possibly a good decision with Arias and the group of true freshmen that will be in the mix. IMO 7th round or UDFA. Best of luck to KD.

Possibly a good decision with Arias and the group of true freshmen that will be in the mix. IMO 7th round or UDFA. Best of luck to KD.
What did Arias do this year to suggest will be a favorite? His route running needs work, struggles to get open, and he has had a few drops. The race for PT is WIDE open.

What did Arias do this year to suggest will be a favorite? His route running needs work, struggles to get open, and he has had a few drops. The race for PT is WIDE open.

Not sure he'll be a favorite but his ceiling is sky high whereas I think KD had reached HIS ceiling. My post was really intended to be more about the incoming Fr WRs than anything else. If one or more of them excel next year, KD's PT might have gone down. What looks at first like a risky decision might be the better of the two choices.

Not sure he'll be a favorite but his ceiling is sky high whereas I think KD had reached HIS ceiling. My post was really intended to be more about the incoming Fr WRs than anything else. If one or more of them excel next year, KD's PT might have gone down. What looks at first like a risky decision might be the better of the two choices.
If he was at risk of losing PT to incoming Frosh, how is leaving behind a free education to pursue the pros going to benefit him? If he's good enough to make it in the league, I don't see how he'd play less here in 2020.

Goal should be to attain at least that middle class status of $500k/year. Iyam?

If he was at risk of losing PT to incoming Frosh, how is leaving behind a free education to pursue the pros going to benefit him? If he's good enough to make it in the league, I don't see how he'd play less here in 2020.

Goal should be to attain at least that middle class status of $500k/year. Iyam?

Haha. I think it was $600K, right? Anyway, let's just say that CU recruiting is in a big upward transition and leave it at that. Again, good luck to KD. BTW, he could always come back to school and graduate if the NFL idea didn't work out. Whereas if he stays at CU and gets less PT, or goes sideways, he likely wouldn't even be an UDFA after next year.

KD would be the #1 receiver if he decided to stay here next season. He declared for the draft because he has a dream to play in the NFL. His decision is based in his unwavering self confidence and an irrational commitment to his dream. It’s not more complex than that. He is making a decision many of you wouldn’t make. That’s irrelevant. It’s his life and his dream. He wants to go for it. Let him.

Very good decision. If we miss out on Clayton, I'd like to see him in the backfield more next season.

I think the change is that he is listening to the good advice he has probably been receiving all along.
Agreed. Now we just need to hope that KD owns it and embraces it instead of acting like he's not where he wanted to be and focusing on individual instead of team. We've seen that be a problem with senior WRs when they didn't have a QB leader to keep them on track (2017 offense).

Back