What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'18 AZ OT Hunter Mayginnes

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
247sports
ESPN
Rivals
hudl

636435389101370556-CE14063.JPG

Hamilton HS (Chandler, AZ)

Twitter: https://twitter.com/HunterMayginnes

Ht: 6'6"
Wt: 320
40:

247s rating: 3*-83 grade; #117 OT
ESPN rating: 3*-73 grade; #93 OT
Rivals rating: 3*-5.5rr; unranked OT

247s Composite: 3* / 0.8356 / #126 OT / #1385 overall

Reported Offers: Arizona State, Idaho, UNLV

Last edited:
Committed to the old ASU coaching staff in July.

h/t to Jeric here. Most recent followers and people he follows on Twitter are Coach Adams and CU's OL Grad Assistant John Hughes.

One to watch during the early signing period. Maybe a CU flip for the OT we need?

Committed to the old ASU coaching staff in July.

h/t to Jeric here. Most recent followers and people he follows on Twitter are Coach Adams and CU's OL Grad Assistant John Hughes.

One to watch during the early signing period. Maybe a CU flip for the OT we need?
Fingers crossed. A “day of” flip is pretty rare. Especially when it’s from the kids own back yard.

I could see the kid being interested and looking around.
I can't see a kid flipping who hasn't visited yet, nor would we accept his commitment. But it's also possible he quietly slipped in over the weekend.

Wonder if this might have something to do with us parting ways with McMullen.

This guy looks the part and would help make this a very nice OL class.

Weight concerns. But looks good in the video. Could play Guard or right tackle. Will need to work to keep the weight down. He is already at the ideal weight. He will probably get bigger.

I don’t think there are any weight concerns unless he has some mobility issues. If he has mobility issues, we probably won’t offer.

It does seem odd that he would put off signing with ASU on the off chance he would get an offer from CU. It seems like he is risking having ASU pull the offer.

I don’t think there are any weight concerns unless he has some mobility issues. If he has mobility issues, we probably won’t offer.

It does seem odd that he would put off signing with ASU on the off chance he would get an offer from CU. It seems like he is risking having ASU pull the offer.
He's just not sure

He may have not signed due to taking a wait and see approach with the new staff at ASU as well.

He may have not signed due to taking a wait and see approach with the new staff at ASU as well.

This is likely the biggest decision he has made in his life so far and will impact the next few years if not the rest of his life. Can't blame a guy for taking his time to be sure if he has that option.

Checked his twitter and a somewhat interesting note: he just started following Gary Bernardi. Bernardi is pretty connected in Arizona and has pulled a couple guys late in the process from there for us, including Poplawski last year (who we also poached from ASU).

Last edited:
I swear I read somewhere about Edwards being surprised by the grind of recruiting. Did he do any research into the job he was taking?
I know it's semi-ridiculous to defend Edwards, but it is possible to have researched the job well, while still having some sticker-shock with regard to recruiting, especially at his mental age.

Pretty clear that the job was sold to Herm as something different than what it is. He thought his coordinators and staff were in place & that he'd simply have to come in as a CEO of the program to set its culture and do the media stuff.

Herm is a smart guy and as a coach was a dedicated, hard worker who was known for having excellent people skills.

If he is willing to adjust his thinking and put himself into this he could make it work in time but I don't think in the end he will.

Checked his twitter and a somewhat interesting note: he just started following Gary Bernardi. Bernardi is pretty connected in Arizona and has pulled a couple guys late in the process from there for us, including Poplawski last year (who we also poached from ASU).
giphy.gif

Too soon?

Not sure of the current level of interest from CU but, Mayginnes is looking for a school after ASU officially stiffed him.

Yikes... sounds like the Herm Edwards era is off to a great start. That's some bad pub for a new staff headed by a guy that likely doesn't understand modern recruiting at all.

Yikes... sounds like the Herm Edwards era is off to a great start. That's some bad pub for a new staff headed by a guy that likely doesn't understand modern recruiting at all.

It’s really a non story and happens all the time every year. I get why the staff moved on, does it suck for the kid? Yeah, but it happens and he will still probably get a P5 scholarship.

Back