What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'18 CA WDE Tava Finau (SIGNED to COLORADO)

Good frame. 254 seems light for DT in a
3-4 scheme. Time for Wilson.
I'd argue that is not true for a High Schooler who has no obvious amount of extra body fat. Been watching Utah do it for years and this kid is about the size of the DE's that Whittingham usually recruits for his 4-3. Will likely play in a few years at 270 plus with athleticism

I'd argue that is not true for a High Schooler who has no obvious amount of extra body fat. Been watching Utah do it for years and this kid is about the size of the DE's that Whittingham usually recruits for his 4-3. Will likely play in a few years at 270 plus with athleticism
So CU is moving to 4-3? What’s going on here?

Where did this come from? Wasn’t in DJ article. This is a recruit spilling the beans on a major shift in scheme?

So CU is moving to 4-3? What’s going on here?
Get a subscription to 247 and you can read some of these things. And I highly doubt it'd be a move to a 4-3. A 4-2-5 is just different variation of what they had been running the past few seasons.

Hell, we are in a 4 man front more than a 3 man front this whole time. We got to recruit to all formations.

Is the Buff Backer extinct? What happens to the 6 guys this class we receuited for that position ?

Is the Buff Backer extinct? What happens to the 6 guys this class we receuited for that position ?
Buff Backer would play OLB, I'd think. But since we would have 1 fewer LB, it will be interesting to see if that's the guy who comes off the field for nickel.

If I was running the defense, it's the MLB I'd remove for nickel. I'd want Lewis, the OLB and a DB type on the field for a passing down.

I would think it's the OLB that is out on nickel, and basically replaced with BuffBacker. Honestly, I don't see how this has changed, but I'm not privy to the pay boards discussion.

Back to this kids' thread. He's a good pickup for us and will be a versatile DL guy. Wish we had 3 more!

Get a subscription to 247 and you can read some of these things. And I highly doubt it'd be a move to a 4-3. A 4-2-5 is just different variation of what they had been running the past few seasons.
i have a subscription. Is the C covered in you 4-2- 5 scheme? Anyhow, he needs to beef up if he is going to play DT.

i have a subscription. Is the C covered in you 4-2- 5 scheme? Anyhow, he needs to beef up if he is going to play DT.
Probably not covered in a base 4 man front, but I suppose they could play with a 0 technique. They could also play more of a 3-3-5 where they have a defensive call that puts them into a 4-2-5 by shifting the DL one way and bring down one of the OLBs. The base 3-3-5 would have the C covered.

Back