What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

18' JC CB MeKhi Blackmon (Signed to COLORADO)

He's 4 years to play 3. I like the guy. He was underlooked coming out of HS and proved himself in one year of JUCO. If nothing else, we must agree that the Buffs have a talent for recognizing young DB talent over the past 5 years or so, yes?

He's 4 years to play 3. I like the guy. He was underlooked coming out of HS and proved himself in one year of JUCO. If nothing else, we must agree that the Buffs have a talent for recognizing young DB talent over the past 5 years or so, yes?
For sure. You'll notice that even our more critical members who focus on recruiting trust the judgment of the coaches on any DB (particularly CB) they choose to offer.

For sure. You'll notice that even our more critical members who focus on recruiting trust the judgment of the coaches on any DB (particularly CB) they choose to offer.

Absolutely, you cant question results. We’ve built a system and have found guys that have certain qualities that fit that system and excel.

Weighed 160 lbs on his visit. Can’t see him playing this year but has a redshirt year to develop.

He is light but at CB he can get away with being close to that. There are some CBs throughout P5 football who are listed at 170 who are probably closer to 160.

If he needs the RS year to compete at the P5 level he's got it but if he's ready to play and we need him I wouldn't be surprised to see him out their at that size.

By the way Ken Crowley is playing in the NFL listed at 170. He was way below that here as a multi-year starter.

He is light but at CB he can get away with being close to that. There are some CBs throughout P5 football who are listed at 170 who are probably closer to 160.

If he needs the RS year to compete at the P5 level he's got it but if he's ready to play and we need him I wouldn't be surprised to see him out their at that size.

By the way Ken Crowley is playing in the NFL listed at 170. He was way below that here as a multi-year starter.
Ken is listed at 180

Ken is listed at 180

I've seen him listed at 170 but his official is 180. Still willing to bet that when he came into the league he was well under that, guy was slender.

Spoon as well is now listed at 6'3" 190 and looks to have thickened up in San Fran. He was pretty thin when he started in Boulder.

Point is that if Blackmon is ready otherwise his size won't keep him off the field this season.

It's nice to have guys like Oliver who look muscular at CB, he measured 201 at the combine but he put on weight at CU. CB is a position where weight isn't critical to play.

Crawley weighed 187 at the combine. And we did him a major disservice playing him and Yuri Wright at 160ish when they weren’t physically ready to compete.

I'm 160 pounds. While I'm "strong for my size," my size is still skinny or scrawny or whatever term you want to use. I have friends that played for CU. The thought of me even trying to tackle some of these guys, or receive a block from them is rather intimidating. There's nothing wrong with conceding that Blackmon needs to fill in some good weight before he becomes a significant contributor for us.

Congrats to Blackmon - I completely trust Mac with DBs.

160 is pretty slight for this level of football. I'd like to see him redshirt and get some time under his belt, develop a bit more. That doesn't mean he can't play right away, seen some that could over the years despite being a bit smaller. I just think it would be better for him in the long run is all I'm saying really.

I'm 160 pounds. While I'm "strong for my size," my size is still skinny or scrawny or whatever term you want to use. I have friends that played for CU. The thought of me even trying to tackle some of these guys, or receive a block from them is rather intimidating. There's nothing wrong with conceding that Blackmon needs to fill in some good weight before he becomes a significant contributor for us.

Congrats to Blackmon - I completely trust Mac with DBs.

I have no problem saying that he could use some added bulk. As I mentioned the ideal is to have a guy like Isiaih Oliver who is solid.

If the best thing for him and the team is to RS then by all means he should RS but if the need is there and he can contribute then you play him.

This is a young man who has already had one year of playing past high school. JUCO isn't the PAC12 but he has seen 300lb OL leading running plays against him and seen 215lb WRs.

Back