What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'18 JC WDE Alex Tchangam (SIGNED to COLORADO)

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
247sports
ESPN
Rivals
hudl

8320567_e44654587e9246eb9391d964d97afebb.jpg

De Anza College (Cupertino, CA) / Chattahoochee HS (Johns Creek, GA)

May Graduate: 3 Years to Play 2

Twitter: https://twitter.com/RushingThe_QB

Ht: 6'3"
Wt: 250
40: 4.49 (hudl, not verified)

247s rating: 2* - 75 grade; #24 WDE (#260 overall JC)
ESPN rating:
Rivals rating: 3* - 5.5rr; unranked OLB

247s Composite: 2* / 0.7917 / #21 WDE / #232 overall JC

Reported Offers: COLORADO, FAU, Kansas, Louisiana, New Mexico State, San Jose State, FCS

Last edited:
Pass rusher who had 8 sacks in 9 games this season. (Edit: that was what the JUCO site I found had, but his hudl vid states that he finished with 12.5 for the season.)

Last edited:
This one seems like it's on the down low a bit. ESPN is the only profile, and lists him at 6'1". His JC roster lists him at 6'3" 275 as a freshman. That weight would seem highly questionable. Will be interesting to see if he's 6'1" 235 or 6'3" 265.

Considering that he has already visited CU, the coaches know his actual height & weight. And they've kept recruiting, obviously. Not something I'm worried about. Also, I trust Eliot on DE evaluations.

Everyone should take a few minutes to watch the film. I was pretty shocked when I watched it. Tchangam is really good. Crazy explosive. The lack of profiles and offers caused me to be kind of "meh", but then I watched the film. This guy is a playmaker.

With the May Graduate thing and with Katie involved, I assume that academics is what has slowed his recruiting. Most schools want Dec grads from JUCOs and he probably also had some work to do in the classroom to meet minimums for transferring to CU.

Size and athleticism seem legit, but seems to be a little raw for OLB. Not sure it is that big of deal, but like that the staff is still going after a pass rusher.

I kind of question the talent he played against. Does anybody know the level of competition?
Lots of missed blocking assignments makes for easy sacks. Looks a little slow off the ball.
Passes the eyeball test, tho!

This dude is a future NFL OLB/DE. He came up from nothing. Never got a true chance at high school, and this motivated him to play harder at JUCO. Plain and simple, whoever gets this kid, will dominate, on and off the field. Insane work ethic always beats talent, even if talent works hard.

Considering that he has already visited CU, the coaches know his actual height & weight. And they've kept recruiting, obviously. Not something I'm worried about. Also, I trust Eliot on DE evaluations.

Everyone should take a few minutes to watch the film. I was pretty shocked when I watched it. Tchangam is really good. Crazy explosive. The lack of profiles and offers caused me to be kind of "meh", but then I watched the film. This guy is a playmaker.

With the May Graduate thing and with Katie involved, I assume that academics is what has slowed his recruiting. Most schools want Dec grads from JUCOs and he probably also had some work to do in the classroom to meet minimums for transferring to CU.
I trust the coachs' evaluation of his worth for the position, but I don't think he's as explosive ('crazy explosive') as you think. Rooting for the kid, and happy to have him, as long as S&C can improve his jump off the line.

This dude is a future NFL OLB/DE. He came up from nothing. Never got a true chance at high school, and this motivated him to play harder at JUCO. Plain and simple, whoever gets this kid, will dominate, on and off the field. Insane work ethic always beats talent, even if talent works hard.
The saying goes, “Hard work beats talent when talent doesn’t work hard”.

I trust the coachs' evaluation of his worth for the position, but I don't think he's as explosive ('crazy explosive') as you think. Rooting for the kid, and happy to have him, as long as S&C can improve his jump off the line.
I've never seen S&C improve one's jump off the line, especially a guy this well built. Not sure about "crazy explosive". Will trust the coaches here.

Welcome to Allbuffs and thanks for your post.

Kansas offered. That's been a good omen for every other JUCO that CU has gone for this year. Hopefully the CU coaches like what they see this weekend while he's in Boulder and he gets & commits a CU offer.

Back