What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'18 OK DT Israel Antwine (SIGNED to COLORADO)

I've always believed that OK should be a recruiting area for CU. It's a border state (barely, but still is one). Besides, a lot of OK prospects are at the camps & events in TX that our coaches attend.

What I'd had a problem with was having 3 recruiters in Florida. While it fit with the backgrounds of those coaches, it was too much. I'm ok with a little bit outside the footprint based on who was hired, just not to such an extent like that was because going that far compromises your work within the footprint.

And, fwiw, I am very high on Antwine and the other OK offers that came out yesterday.

Totally agree on the need to recruit OK. One time my Deaf football team (from Colorado) played at the Oklahoma School for the Deaf and we watched a local class 2A high school game. I have experienced playing in three different classifications in Colorado and played against 6 man, 8 man, 2A, 3A, and even 4A schools so I have a good understanding of the difference between classifications. Those 2A teams from OK played more to the equivalent of class 4A football from Colorado so just imagine what classes 4A to 6A in Oklahoma and Texas must be like. I'm sure you couldn't apply that to HS football in the other surrounding states...maybe Utah but definitely not NE, KS, NM, and WY.

Some school districts in Oklahoma have been known to not build new high schools since it could even disrupt the success of their powerhouse football teams and the same could be applied to Texas as well so when it comes to recruiting those schools, you would know that those kids busted their rears to earn their playing time versus giving playing time to kids who didn't have the talent but had to be able to field a team. That is why there is a big difference between 1A & 2A football from 3A-5A in Colorado. Some 8 man schools have almost every single male from the school going out for football so the coaches can be more selective when it comes to naming starters for each position. It might be possible with some six man football teams. I imagine that any recruiting coordinator would know this and with Chev as the recruiting coordinator, he'd have to know those six man football schools from Texas.

I agree about the issue with three Florida recruiters...can anyone recall how many players from Florida really contributed to CU all these years? I'd say we need more Texas recruiters than Florida recruiters.

Great Great news. A huge addition to this class.
Could he be the highest ranked HS DT recruit we have picked up in the past ten years?
Wow, you might be right. At least at the DT position. We've had some higher rated DEs, but he's the highest at DT. Just looked back through all our archived recruit lists. Wow was that a depressing exercise.

xZk4qjQ.gif

So amazingly happy to see this young man become a Buff. This is a really great kid with an amazing family. Be proud Boulder and CU, you made one hell of an impression on this family. Welcome to the B&G Isreal. HCMM and staff really got a good one with him.

This is huuuuuuuge! Great job by the staff pushing forward and putting the plan in place for the switch.

Back