What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'18 TNFR OG Dwayne Wallace (Verbal to Ole Miss)

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
247sports
ESPN
Rivals
Cal Profile
hudl

Dwayne_Wallace_Coat_And_Tie_NP_07312016556.jpg

Cal (Berkeley, CA) / Riverside C.C. (Riverside, CA) / Martin Luther King Jr. H.S. (Riverside, CA)

Grad Transfer: 1 year to play 1

Twitter: https://twitter.com/bigwild_62

Ht: 6'5"
Wt: 330
40:

247s rating: 3*-86 grade; #5 OG (#65 overall JC)
ESPN rating: 3*-78 grade; #4 OG
Rivals rating: 3*-5.6rr; unranked OG (#78 overall JC)

247s Composite: 3* / 0.8560 / #5 OG / #75 overall JC

Reported Offers (JC): Arkansas, Cal, CSU, Fresno State, Kansas State, Louisville, SDSU, Texas Tech, UCF, UNLV, UTSA, Washington State

Last edited:
From his Cal bio (he was a starter his one season there):

Wallace played in all 12 games with nine starts all at right guard in his lone season at Cal as a 2016 junior after transferring from Riverside City College as a mid-year enrollee who began at Cal in January of 2016. Wallace earned first-team All-American, All-State and All-National Division of the Southern League in Southern California Football Association honors as a freshman in 2014 when he helped his team rank 18th in the state in rushing offense with an average of 184.9 yards per game for a squad that finished 10-2 overall, registered a 6-0 record in National Division action to win a title and reached the Southern California Regional final before falling as the No. 1 seed. Wallace came back during his 2015 sophomore season as a key contributor for an 8-3 squad that averaged 204.2 rushing yards per contest.

Based off his twitter, here is his recruiting activity for his grad transfer year:

This would be a season changer.
I don't mean this to disparage the kid in any way, but he started only nine games in 2016, redshirted in 2017 and he'd be a season changer? I know nothing about offensive line play, but that sure seems like a stretch. Did he really show that much in 2016? I am really asking because the facts don't seem to support a game changer, but I am certainly ignorant of these things.

I don't mean this to disparage the kid in any way, but he started only nine games in 2016, redshirted in 2017 and he'd be a season changer? I know nothing about offensive line play, but that sure seems like a stretch. Did he really show that much in 2016? I am really asking because the facts don't seem to support a game changer, but I am certainly ignorant of these things.
Who on the existing CU roster do you have total confidence in as a solid Pac-12 starter on the OL?

Consider that Lynott and Miller have lingering injury questions and that Haigler had a rough sophomore season while Irwin and Kough have graduated.

Consider also that there's every reason to believe that this is an explosive offense from the skill positions if the OL gives Montez time and opens holes for the RBs.

Who on the existing CU roster do you have total confidence in as a solid Pac-12 starter on the OL?

Consider that Lynott and Miller have lingering injury questions and that Haigler had a rough sophomore season while Irwin and Kough have graduated.

Consider also that there's every reason to believe that this is an explosive offense from the skill positions if the OL gives Montez time and opens holes for the RBs.
Fair enough. He certainly is a known entity especially compared to the redshirt freshmen guards.

Looks like a real possibility for us. Good job coach Chev.
Season changer sounds like a stretch, but if he comes in and upgrades our Oline, which is the biggest question mark for next year, that could make this offense go and definitely be a season changer. Be good to have him in the spring too.

I have a concern with why he left the team in June, as a returning senior starter. I'm quite sure that will be understood before a commitment is taken.

Thank you. If Wallace comes he can only improve the OL.

Looks like Tennessee is getting involved.

Haven't seen that he's on a visit to CU. Was going to be between this weekend and next. With the semester starting on the 16th, it's not happening as a mid-year transfer unless he gets here quickly.

Howell made a comment in his Buffzone chat today that there may be questions/issues on whether Wallace has the transcript to get into a CU grad program.

Interesting on the tidbit on Hank. Who’s the better QB between him and Evens?
Bachmeier plays against much better competition and has more attention. Nobody on this board could possibly have an informed opinion. Our QB coach has seen them both in person. I doubt he knows with much confidence. Variables....

Ultimately, that question is answerable in 2021.

Article also brings up an interesting point in terms of QBs out of Colorado HSs. CU hasn't had a lot over the years but how many have we really missed on. There have been a few like the kid who played at Northwestern and the kid who played at K-State but how many other Colorado HS QBs did we really miss on?

Back