What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'18 TX ATH Maureese Wren (Signed to LA Tech)

Frustrating. Really seemed like Arky felt like home to him as the right fit. Disappointing, but if that was his reasoning I can't fault it. Players need to go to the school that fits them.

Come on Mac...gotta close on a few blue chips...decent recruiting class...but after a 10 win season...incredible facilities....get er done!

The guy who made the edit probably didn't know and just used that from his recruiting profiles. Sometimes recruits aren't very clear with that sort of thing.
If a recruit isn't clear as to what position they are being recruited for when they commit to a program, there is something very wrong. I'm assuming that Wren wouldn't have approved or posted that edit without being OK with it saying WR. Also, every tweet he ever sent out about CU or the interviews I've read have him mentioning Chev and using the #blackoutboyz. I was taking nik and Duff's word for it, but I don't think he was a slam dunk OLB recruit at CU.

If a recruit isn't clear as to what position they are being recruited for when they commit to a program, there is something very wrong. I'm assuming that Wren wouldn't have approved or posted that edit without being OK with it saying WR. Also, every tweet he ever sent out about CU or the interviews I've read have him mentioning Chev and using the #blackoutboyz. I was taking nik and Duff's word for it, but I don't think he was a slam dunk OLB recruit at CU.
http://arkansas.247sports.com/Artic...Announces-Commitment-to-the-Arkansa-105741919

This is what he said on it, I assume he just didn't care what the edit said especially since he'll apparently play offense too:
“Arkansas is coming through with a new defense,” Wren explained. “They are running a 3-4 this year and they want me to play the ‘Hog’ position, which is covering basically and rushing the edge. That is what they want me to play on that side (defense), but on the other side (offense) they would like to use me around the goalline.”
“They like my length and how I can get off of blocks,” Wren continued about his strengths on the defensive side of the football. “They like my speed around the edge of course. They like the way that I cover the slots.”
“When first asked if I wanted to play defense I told them it would be fine and then I really started developing a love for defense, but it really doesn’t matte to me because I know I can make an impact on either side of the ball.”

http://arkansas.247sports.com/Artic...Announces-Commitment-to-the-Arkansa-105741919

This is what he said on it, I assume he just didn't care what the edit said especially since he'll apparently play offense too:
“Arkansas is coming through with a new defense,” Wren explained. “They are running a 3-4 this year and they want me to play the ‘Hog’ position, which is covering basically and rushing the edge. That is what they want me to play on that side (defense), but on the other side (offense) they would like to use me around the goalline.”
“They like my length and how I can get off of blocks,” Wren continued about his strengths on the defensive side of the football. “They like my speed around the edge of course. They like the way that I cover the slots.”
“When first asked if I wanted to play defense I told them it would be fine and then I really started developing a love for defense, but it really doesn’t matte to me because I know I can make an impact on either side of the ball.”
Fair enough.

Hope this means we are back in consideration.

This is the kind of athlete that makes you a better team, even when the other team knows what you are doing.

Thought they were giving him a chance to play both sides of the ball?
I think they wanted him to mainly play defense but also told him they'd use him in goal-line situations on offense (which, knowing them, might've just been to convince him).

Wren, who Arkansas was recruiting as an outside linebacker, wants to play on the offensive side of the ball where he has 12 catches for 233 yards and 6 touchdowns so far this season for the Jaguars (2-1).
That's the main reason for the change of heart, said Horn coach Mike Overton.
"He loves Arkansas, but his passion is playing wide receiver and that's why he made this decision," Overton said. "He has been thinking it over for a month or so and decided this is what he wants to do.

He's gotten a bunch of crystal balls to UW now as well.

Last edited:
Congrats to him. I hope he has been to Ruston. If not, he is in for a rude awakening.

Back