What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'18 TX OT Frank Fillip (SIGNED to COLORADO)

Outstanding, with Harvard Yale and Rice offers, I am guessing qualifying is a no brainer. Another good looking OL, well done.

I think Fillip is one of the most underrated guys in this class because he doesn't promote himself and doesn't play for one of the Texas powerhouses that would promote him. New article on Rivals today that didn't really reveal anything about him other than confirm that he's not into the attention or having long conversations. Similar to how Nate Landman was as a recruit.

As much as we justifiably bust on them the Baylor offer is significant. They are close enough to see him a lot and to get the background on him. Generally speaking the Baylor offer means the kid is a quality prospect.

Glad to have him coming to Boulder.

Still ca't get over how things have changed. I grew up in another era, where any pro offensive lineman nearing 300 lbs. looked just plain fat. Frank at 275 looks almost skinny. I have a feeling this guy is gong to be special.

Still ca't get over how things have changed. I grew up in another era, where any pro offensive lineman nearing 300 lbs. looked just plain fat. Frank at 275 looks almost skinny. I have a feeling this guy is gong to be special.
They've got to be a lot more athletic these days. Got to be bigger than the 275-290 lb DE types to beat them up and wear them down, but also need to be nimble enough to get your hands on them. It's a rare athlete who has that.

For perspective, this is what a 290 lb man you're trying to block looks like at the elite level:
Ql0VzJzC.jpg

They've got to be a lot more athletic these days. Got to be bigger than the 275-290 lb DE types to beat them up and wear them down, but also need to be nimble enough to get your hands on them. It's a rare athlete who has that.

For perspective, this is what a 290 lb man you're trying to block looks like at the elite level:
Ql0VzJzC.jpg
You forgot the crutches.

You forgot the crutches.
Sad to see his body has broken down. All those double teams, cut blocks, etc.

Here's one more relevant to 2017: Calais Campbell at 300 lbs. (and the same guy who blocks him has to try to match up with the Von Miller speed demon types in the 255-270 range):
usa-today-8297107.0.0.jpg

Ql0VzJzC.jpg
It's why offensive football and OL play in the NFL sucks now.

Ql0VzJzC.jpg
Kinda looks like me, but bigger.

Sad to see his body has broken down. All those double teams, cut blocks, etc.

Here's one more relevant to 2017: Calais Campbell at 300 lbs. (and the same guy who blocks him has to try to match up with the Von Miller speed demon types in the 255-270 range):
usa-today-8297107.0.0.jpg
Kinda looks like me, but with a bigger package.

Back