What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'19 AL SDE Michael Lockhart (Signed to Georgia Tech)

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
247sports
ESPN
Rivals
hudl

8757540.png

Huffman HS (Birmingham, AL)

Twitter: https://twitter.com/the205mike

Ht: 6'5"
Wt: 250
40:

247s rating: 3*- 83 grade; #101 SDE
ESPN rating:
Rivals rating: 3*- 5.7rr; #46 WDE

247sports Composite: 3* / 0.8538 / #69 SDE / #1007 overall

Reported Offers: COLORADO, Akron, Arkansas State, Baylor, Cincinnati, FIU, Georgia Tech, Iowa, Kansas, Mississippi State, Nebraska, North Carolina, Rutgers, South Alabama, Syracuse, TCU, Toledo, Troy, UAB, Virginia, FCS

Last edited:
Signing period decommitment from UAB:

That's when I noticed that Brumbaugh, Taye and Gibson were all following for CU and that an offer might be coming. Considering that it's coming from Brumbaugh, I'd assume we're recruiting as a SDE in our 3-4 rather than as a TE.

As a defensive linemen, he appears to be a plus athlete after watching his basketball film:

Seems like another guy who is undervalued for whatever reason. Or at least based on his size/speed/agility profile he seems undervalued. I don't think we can go too far wrong if we are pulling "undervalued" type prospects out of GA. As long as they stay for 3-4 years, guys like this will be absolute physical monsters by the junior and senior seasons.

Also, which i think this has been mentioned in several other threads, getting stronger and more physically capable on both lines will instantly upgrade what the skill talent looks like. I long for days where the QB regularly has 3-4 seconds to throw, a RB can get through the line of scrimmage before contact, and it takes less than 7 players defensively to shut down a run game.

So, can I now assume that over the course of 5 days most everyone has gone from confused & frustrated that the staff offered an unknown 2* with 1 FBS offer we know was committable... to skeptical or panicked that there is too much competition and afraid we won’t be able to land him?

So, can I now assume that over the course of 5 days most everyone has gone from confused & frustrated that the staff offered an unknown 2* with 1 FBS offer we know was committable... to skeptical or panicked that there is too much competition and afraid we won’t be able to land him?
How snarky of you this morning. Pretty sure the majority of us read the backstory and appreciate a few of these upside takes from the H.S. ranks. Please assume away with the 2 CC DL takes though!

Totally guilty of the first reaction. But as always is the case, kids just get better when they receive additional P5 offers and a ratings bump. :D

'bout sums it up

Looks like he is only focusing on acc schools or schools close to home. He cancelled his Nebraska trip and it looks like cu won’t be getting a visit. The Carolina 247 page has an article.

Back