What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'19 CA ATH Carl Jones (Signed to UCLA)

(Buff, please no Katy Perry whip cream GIFS)
giphy.gif

Per his twitter, received a UCLA offer (and home visit from Chip Kelly) over this past week or two.

(Edit- he did retweet the Buff 12/6 tweet regarding Coach Tucker's facility tour, so Buffs at minimum are still, I assume, on his radar. Don't know if it ever did, but his Twitter profile doesn't mention any commitment as I write this.)

Last edited:
I can’t believe So many of you think all these decommits are due to MT cutting kids lose. We are losing recruits b/c they are choosing to play some place else, not b/c we don’t want them. Jones got a UCLA offer, and both of his position coaches were not retained. Yes, this is excepted with a coaching chage, but let’s not pretend this is by our choosing not to honor these commitments.

I can’t believe So many of you think all these decommits are due to MT cutting kids lose. We are losing recruits b/c they are choosing to play some place else, not b/c we don’t want them. Jones got a UCLA offer, and both of his position coaches were not retained. Yes, this is excepted with a coaching chage, but let’s not pretend this is by our choosing not to honor these commitments.

It is a combo of both in many cases.

It's a mix and we'll never know how hard HCMT tried to keep any of them or who he told to consider other options. I think HCMT and CU are willing to honor every commitment. I don't think they want to have to.

Nobody is saying MT is directly telling anyone they don't have a spot anymore, but there are definitely certain recruits they have chosen not to really give a whole lot of attention or "love" to since the announcement of MT. Imagine being one of those kids 2 weeks before early signing day... Not truly knowing where you fit with this staff or who your position coach will be. They are "choosing" to play somewhere else because MT hasn't made them a priority to this point and they don't want to be left out of another opportunity.

It goes both ways. A lot of it is kids who have decided to go to a school (CU) based on relationships they have built with coaches who will no longer be there.

At the same time if a kid was seen as a high priority by the new staff pretty easy to see that by them making sure to make personal visits, arrange the second OV, etc.

We have seen tweets from the kids that the staff has been focusing on keeping in the fold.

We still could end up losing a kid or kids who the new staff sees as a priority, that happens in coaching changes, but this isn't like last time when keeping every kid was seen as important, even those who weren't very good fits.

For his failings you can't fault MM much on his evaluation of DB talent. I'd have preferred that we figured out a way to keep this guy because odds are he is going to be good but it we will never know how much of losing him was him vs. Tucker.

It goes both ways. A lot of it is kids who have decided to go to a school (CU) based on relationships they have built with coaches who will no longer be there.

At the same time if a kid was seen as a high priority by the new staff pretty easy to see that by them making sure to make personal visits, arrange the second OV, etc.

We have seen tweets from the kids that the staff has been focusing on keeping in the fold.

We still could end up losing a kid or kids who the new staff sees as a priority, that happens in coaching changes, but this isn't like last time when keeping every kid was seen as important, even those who weren't very good fits.

For his failings you can't fault MM much on his evaluation of DB talent. I'd have preferred that we figured out a way to keep this guy because odds are he is going to be good but it we will never know how much of losing him was him vs. Tucker.
I fault MM for some of his DB evaluations. You can't be constantly signing 6 guys and hoping 2 of them work out. Hell, this year we relied on 2 DBs (Udoffia and Rakestraw) who were recruited as WRs.

I fault MM for some of his DB evaluations. You can't be constantly signing 6 guys and hoping 2 of them work out. Hell, this year we relied on 2 DBs (Udoffia and Rakestraw) who were recruited as WRs.
Once they lost their little competitive advantage on the satellite camps is when the under the radar evaluations stopped panning out. Holding out hope for Hypolite and Wallace will be parting gifts- both look the part and have great frames.

Last edited:
Back