'19 CA CB Titus Toler (Signed to Wisconsin)

Discussion in 'University of Colorado Recruiting Archive' started by WasianCU, Sep 13, 2017.

1. leftybuff

leftybuff Iconoclast Club Member

In before fire HCMT....

2. Da Lama

Da Lama Well-Known Member

It was a mistake. Happened elsewhere, too. Definitely some stuff to shore up for the next cycle.

TSchekler likes this.
  3. wsp4820

wsp4820 Sally Club Member Junta Member

This is sounding like a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation for Tucker. If he thought he had a legitimate shot at players he liked better than Toler, I have no problem with him pursuing those guys. Wish he would have closed, but hey, I'm glad to have someone who isn't afraid to shoot his shot after 20 years of fear of competing. If this is indeed what happened, Tucker had to either (1) unconditionally give Toler his spot and honor that at the expense of the guys he thought were better; (2) slow play Toler while he went after the other guys; or (3) send good vibes to Toler knowing that he'd give the spot to someone else if that guy pulled the trigger. Hindsight says we should have gone with option 1. But, in the moment, I guess I'd pick what he did. The first option says we're too afraid to go for guys we like, while the third option is the kind of thing that burns bridges with schools for years if you pull an offer at the 11th hour.

4. TSchekler

TSchekler Club Member Club Member

I'm definitely bullish on MT, and I'm not too worried about our recruiting going forward under him. This was just one mistake, probably due to the fact that he thought he had a chance to bring in one or two DBs that he was more familiar/comfortable with. It's unfortunate, and places a ton of pressure on Perry to play early and often, Udoffia to provide depth, and for them to possibly land a transfer or JC guy with immediate eligibility.

5. Big Jim

Big Jim WTF? Club Member

Whatever. He's at UW so it doesn't matter going forward. Tucker will screw up again-and-again-and-again and I still believe he will build a great winner at CU. Coach Mac used to preach that it doesn't matter who you don't sign, it matters who you do sign.

Go Buffs!

6. patebuff

patebuff Downgraded to half a star Club Member

At least we have tons of depth already

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.