What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'19 CA LS Aidan Livingston (Verbal to Boston College)

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
247sports
ESPN
Rivals
Rubio Long Snapping
Kohls Kicking

aidan-livingston7962.jpg

Mater Dei HS (Santa Ana, CA)

Twitter: https://twitter.com/livingstonaidan

Ht: 6'0"
Wt: 225
40:

247s rating:
ESPN rating:
Rivals rating:
Rubio rating: 4.5*; #30 LS
Kohl's rating: 45*; #15 LS

Reported Interest (likely walk on): COLORADO, Boise State, Georgia, Indiana, UCLA

Last edited by a moderator:
Interview from Recruiting News Guru: https://www.recruitingnewsguru.com/...on-prepping-to-push-talents-to-5-star-status/

What is your 15-yard average snap speed?
“I was recently consistently clocked between .73-.70.”
At the Chris Rubio camps, they track accuracy of snap. How have you performed with your accuracy both in games and at Rubio camps?
“In games, I have been perfect every time. At the last Rubio camp, the LA regional, I had the highest RSI for accuracy, that tracks speed and accuracy, of all snappers.”
Where have you placed at some of Rubio’s camps?
“At the past two camps, I have made it to the finals – the Top 6.”

Rubio analysis:
Aidan did really well at the Rubio Long Snapping Fall Camp in CA on October 29, 2017. Starting form is very good and his hands are quick out of the gate. Smooth and methodical Long Snapper that is very consistent with his snap speeds and accuracy. Love to see Aidan focus on not taking so long once he is set up so there is no chance of him overthinking the process. Very smart Long Snapper (grades are excellent!) and I would like to see him turn that off just for the small time he is over the ball. Also, making sure he is always going straight back with his eyes/head and body will ensure the ball doesn't die at about 12 yards back to the punter. Hovers right in the mid to low .8s and has the frame and form to easily be sub .75 by VEGAS XXXI in January. Listens really well and is definitely coachable. Good Long Snapper with tools to be a great one!

Aidan was solid at the Rubio Long Snapping VEGAS 30 Event on May 13-14, 2017. He has a good frame and is quick with his hands. Moves well on his feet and can get downfield on punt. Like to see him gain a bit more control when moving his body during the agility station. Snapping wise, I love how the ball jumps out of the gate. Need to see Aidan focus on narrowing down a bit and lowering his butt to enable more use of his legs and to get more overall speed on the ball. Good hard worker that has a solid attitude when he is snapping. Good upside on Aidan. Big time rankings move coming with more consistent speed and some higher RSI's.

Kohl's analysis:
During the Kohl’s Underclassmen Challenge and the Western Showcase, Livingston showed dominant consistency. He snaps one of the cleanest footballs in the country and it doesn’t change from snap to snap. His snapping mechanics are very clean and efficient, which helps him maintain his consistent accuracy. His snaps come off his hands with clean rotation and strong velocity. He is a very polished snapper that will provide a smooth and easy snap for the punter to handle.
AWARDS & HONORS

• Semper Fidelis All American
  • National Honor Society
  • 2018 Kohl's National Showcase underclassmen competition finalist
  • Starting LS as a Junior for National Champion Mater Dei High School
ACADEMICS

• High School: Mater Dei High School
  • GPA: 3.9

With JT Bale entering his junior year as our LS who earned a scholarship last fall, it's time for CU to bring in someone to groom to take his place in 2020. Livingston would be a great get for the program if we can land him as a walk on and, like Bale, have him positioned to win the job and a scholarship in a couple years. Building those ties to Mater Dei is always a big deal for a Pac-12 program, too.

Just out of curiosity, why not offer a scholarship from the get-go? Seems like the long snapper is a pretty important guy.

Just out of curiosity, why not offer a scholarship from the get-go? Seems like the long snapper is a pretty important guy.
I wouldn't support having 2 snappers on scholarship in 2019. That's not good roster management. You don't have to offer a scholarship to a LS. It's a position that earns one after walking on. And many programs don't even grant one to their starting LS.

I wouldn't support having 2 snappers on scholarship in 2019. That's not good roster management. You don't have to offer a scholarship to a LS. It's a position that earns one after walking on. And many programs don't even grant one to their starting LS.
What? Look at those measurables and his profile pic - day one starter at safety if he doesn’t pan out as a LS.

Thanks. Makes sense.

Back