What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'19 CA OG Paul Matavao-Poialii (Signed to Baylor)

Yep. I'm more than ok with finding 6'4" 330 lb OLs I'd be afraid to fight and then put them into an elite S&C program while teaching technique.

Much better than finding 250 lb TEs who are too slow to play the position in college and hoping you can put the weight on, teach them the trench mentality, and blow them up to 300 lbs. You take that approach and every now and then you'll hit a grand slam with a Nate Solder, but usually you'll just have a soft OL that can't get a push.

Also, I'm not a doctor, but I imagine that kids who grew up heavy are less injury prone. I think being used to having knees and ankles and tendons that support 300 lbs is better than blowing up and adding 50+ lbs.

Also, I'm not a doctor, but I imagine that kids who grew up heavy are less injury prone. I think being used to having knees and ankles and tendons that support 300 lbs is better than blowing up and adding 50+ lbs.

i am a doctor! a JURIS DOCTOR. and, i think they work to mitigate as much of that as they can with the conditioning part of the equation. it is also interesting to me how hard some of these guys have to work just to keep that weight on.

His last reported offers, Oregon State and Kansas, got his final 2 visits. I'd expect that he'll sign with one of them.

Back