What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'19 CA WDE Joshua Pakola (Signed to Stanford)

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
247sports
ESPN
Rivals
hudl

nens1jvjbfsgj0oc6ynl

St. Francis HS (Mountain View, CA)

Twitter: https://twitter.com/joshypakola

Ht: 6'4"
Wt: 240
40:

247s rating: 4* - 90 grade; #17 WDE (#271 overall)
ESPN rating: 4* - 81 grade; #28 DE (#254 overall)
Rivals rating: 4* - 5.9rr; #7 SDE (#115 overall)

247sports Composite: 4* / 0.9232 / #13 WDE / #189 overall

Reported Offers: COLORADO, Arizona, Cal, Florida, Fresno State, Georgia, Illinois, Notre Dame, Oregon, Oregon State, San Jose State, Stanford, UCLA, USC, Utah, Washington, Washington State

Last edited:
Just seeing Hall and Tuitupou from the staff following. Looks like he's all about Stanford.

Didn’t make his top group but this is one of the coolest recruit edits I’ve ever seen and a good reminder that the Ducks are somehow more lame than a Tree.

Nice. Supposedly a heavy lean to Stanford in part because he wants to play baseball in college.

Nice. Supposedly a heavy lean to Stanford in part because he wants to play baseball in college.
Impossible! I’ve been told we don’t miss out on football recruits due to not having a baseball program.

All of his finalists have baseball programs, so I'm not sure why that would be why he'd be a Stanford lean. Unless maybe he's more focused on baseball and likes the coaching he'd get for it at Stanford or something.

All of his finalists have baseball programs, so I'm not sure why that would be why he'd be a Stanford lean. Unless maybe he's more focused on baseball and likes the coaching he'd get for it at Stanford or something.

Stanford has been encouraging in letting him pursue both sports.

I can't imagine the workload of playing big time football and baseball in college, and then throwing the academic regimen of Stanford on top of it.

Some guys thrive on the pressure. Most schools have a couple of guys who excel while carrying an insane looking workload. Look at CU with guys like Derek McCartney or Mo Bandy.

When my brother was at the academy he normally carried about 25 hours per semester in engineering and was a varsity wrestler, the wrestling was his break time mentally.

Also it has been reported many times that the academic regimen of Stanford is actually not that grinding. They are tremendously selective about who gets in but the academic workload is not that high, and athletes have plenty of assistance. Stanford in general has a low drop out rate compared to other schools and the don't lose many athletes to academic issues.

Stanford has been very permissive in letting athletes play two sports, particularly football and baseball, over the years.

It's a long lineage- Ernie Nevers did it, so did John Elway, as well as John Lynch. More recently, guys like Zach Hoffpauir come to mind- he played football and baseball, left to pursue minor league baseball, and returned and was an all-Pac-12 safety. It's a bit against the grain of specialization in athletics these days, although it feels like there's been a few notable recent two sports guys, like Kyler Murray, Jameis Winston, etc. Stanford has another recruit... somebody Brock? who is keen on playing both.

I know some Stanford football fans are a bit leery about it- the two way guys are often pretty important football players, and without the ability (or desire) to add JuCos, transfers or grad transfers, Stanford's football classes are more static, and fixing depth issues at a position due to injuries is more of a challenge. Upside being they usually deal with little defection out. My wife is Stanford alumna, and it's really interesting to watch how they handle their football recruiting and roster structuring.

You could basically walk from St. Francis to Stanford...

I know reported heights and weights are mostly nonsense... but did he put on 70 pounds in college? He's listed at 310 now.
That is a lot but certainly not unheard of.

Consider that the thread started in May of 2018 if it didn't get updated those are his HS junior numbers. It wouldn't be unusual for a guy to put on 20-25lbs in his senior year of high school which would have put him over 260.

We are now two years past that so adding 25lbs a year again wouldn't be unheard of.

Might get in the way of him being a baseball player though, don't know how many 300lb+ baseball players there are.

I wonder if he either gave up baseball or he yo yos his weight. I remember Bob Backlund in an interview talking about how he'd gain weight for football and then drop weight for wrestling and then back up for football...

Can't be healthy, but it can be done I suppose.

That is a lot but certainly not unheard of.

Consider that the thread started in May of 2018 if it didn't get updated those are his HS junior numbers. It wouldn't be unusual for a guy to put on 20-25lbs in his senior year of high school which would have put him over 260.

We are now two years past that so adding 25lbs a year again wouldn't be unheard of.

Might get in the way of him being a baseball player though, don't know how many 300lb+ baseball players there are.
CC Sabathia, David Wells and Bartolo Colon say hi.

CC Sabathia, David Wells and Bartolo Colon say hi.
True.

Don't know that this guy was a pitcher.

Hard to image a 300lb guy chasing down fly balls in the outfield or scooping up grounders in the infield.

There have been a few oversized first basemen in the game but not a lot.

Back