What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'19 CO ATH Luke McCaffrey (Signed to Nebraska)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never did buy it, lol.

It definitely feels like in Luke case, we weren't particularly interested during his process, at least at the position he wanted to play.

I understand Max, Christian, and Dylan going to Duke, Stanford, and Michigan, respectively, but the Nubs? I can't imagine Stinkoln was his first choice.

Maybe it would have been different if HCMT had been here earlier, but obviously HCMM made Evans a higher priority than McCaffrey when it came to our QB for this year.

I would wish him the best, but he plays for the Nubs. Hope he stays healthy while losing a lot of games.

As soon as Stenstrom signed with the Buffs, Luke was not going to come here.

Luke wants to be QB but he isn't the style of QB that most coaches want now. He is an outstanding athlete, probably could have gotten all the offers he wanted if he were willing to switch positions but as a QB he is more of a runner who also throws the ball than a passer who threatens to run.

He is a lot like the current nubs QB Adrian Martinez in that he isn't going to sit back in the pocket, make multiple reads, and fit a pass into a tight space very often. What he is going to do is run the ball effectively enough that it forces defenses to focus on shutting down his running lanes and the pitch man leaving a receiver in single coverage able to get open on simple patterns.

Very likely the nubs were the biggest and best program willing to really give him a commitment to being able to come in and stay at QB.

As much as I hate Nebraska I don't blame him for the decision. I also think that he is going to have a chance to play a lot because watching Martinez play this year I honestly don't see him staying healthy for much of his career at Nebraska.

Luke wants to be QB but he isn't the style of QB that most coaches want now. He is an outstanding athlete, probably could have gotten all the offers he wanted if he were willing to switch positions but as a QB he is more of a runner who also throws the ball than a passer who threatens to run.

He is a lot like the current nubs QB Adrian Martinez in that he isn't going to sit back in the pocket, make multiple reads, and fit a pass into a tight space very often. What he is going to do is run the ball effectively enough that it forces defenses to focus on shutting down his running lanes and the pitch man leaving a receiver in single coverage able to get open on simple patterns.

Very likely the nubs were the biggest and best program willing to really give him a commitment to being able to come in and stay at QB.

As much as I hate Nebraska I don't blame him for the decision. I also think that he is going to have a chance to play a lot because watching Martinez play this year I honestly don't see him staying healthy for much of his career at Nebraska.

"He is a lot like the current nubs QB Adrian Martinez" ROTFLMAO. McCaffrey is no where close to being near the QB Martinez is!

Martinez is a much better QB all around than many here seem to think. Mtn evidently didn't watch too many of their late games because A.M. was doing many of those things, much to my chagrin. He's way more than a runner. Dude is VERY good.

"He is a lot like the current nubs QB Adrian Martinez" ROTFLMAO. McCaffrey is no where close to being near the QB Martinez is!

I agree with you in terms of ability but in terms of style he is. I also think he may turn out to be better in that offense than a lot of people expect.

No question that when healthy Martinez is way ahead of him but that is a big conditional statement.

I agree with you in terms of ability but in terms of style he is. I also think he may turn out to be better in that offense than a lot of people expect.

No question that when healthy Martinez is way ahead of him but that is a big conditional statement.
Frost is a dummy, but he's no idiot. He saw an opportunity to start a pipeline into Valor and to establish it he told McCaffrey he could play QB to sign him.
The line that is dotted has been signed.
Cue position change in 3...2...1...

Huskers signed a really good class. Pulled a guy from S.Carolina today with a late Clemson offer (Tight end). No less than 6 4-stars on 247.

Frost is a dummy, but he's no idiot. He saw an opportunity to start a pipeline into Valor and to establish it he told McCaffrey he could play QB to sign him.
The line that is dotted has been signed.
Cue position change in 3...2...1...

Don't think so.

Did you see the nubs QB depth chart last year? We though we were thin at positions.

McCaffrey is their QB for this year, he is the guy they wanted for the position.

Martinez is the perfect QB for the system Frost wants to run except he couldn't make it out of HS without getting hurt running it, he couldn't make it through his first college game without getting hurt again.

Martinez strength is as a running threat but his running style exposes him to getting his legs hit and twisted while he has them extended or locked out or planted. He is a surgery waiting to happen.

McCaffrey isn't Martinez but he is as close as Frost is going to get right now. He is a guy who can run the same offense in practice and who can run the same offense in a game.

Don't think so.

Did you see the nubs QB depth chart last year? We though we were thin at positions.

McCaffrey is their QB for this year, he is the guy they wanted for the position.

Martinez is the perfect QB for the system Frost wants to run except he couldn't make it out of HS without getting hurt running it, he couldn't make it through his first college game without getting hurt again.

Martinez strength is as a running threat but his running style exposes him to getting his legs hit and twisted while he has them extended or locked out or planted. He is a surgery waiting to happen.

McCaffrey isn't Martinez but he is as close as Frost is going to get right now. He is a guy who can run the same offense in practice and who can run the same offense in a game.
After Martinez got hurt in the first game, how many times after that did he get hurt?

Martinez is a much better QB all around than many here seem to think. Mtn evidently didn't watch too many of their late games because A.M. was doing many of those things, much to my chagrin. He's way more than a runner. Dude is VERY good.
Go back to Lincoln.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back